Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic No Longer Connecting to App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for over two years.  As any ionic owner can attest to, I have had to routinely restart, desync, resync, and rest to factory defaults.  I have always managed to get it to reconnected eventually.  

Yes I know the sequence, power off phone (iPhone 8), power off ionic, restart phone, delete fit bit app, reinstall Fitbit app, allow pairing, ensure blue tooth is on, stand next to my WIFI router, restart ionic will plugged into charging cable.  If it doesn’t pair, reset to factory defaults, repeat steps above and delete the previous ionic pairing before restart.  

Please do not copy paste the usual steps, I have done them no less than 10 times.

As a long time Fitbit owner even prior to the ionic, I am starting to lose my patience with Fitbit.  I spent $300 when the ionic came out and have had nothing but problems since.

What is Fitbit doing to fix the constant instability of their products?  Is my Ionic just toast?  If so, I will be letting every single family member, friend, and coworker know to avoid Fitbit like the plague.

I am so angry right now 😞

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I feel your pain. My story is similar to yours. Tech support has told me it's an app issue, but they can't tell me when it will be fixed. Just that they are working on it. Yet a new update comes out today, but no fixes to what's not working. C'mon Fitbit, get your act together. 

Samsung S10 running Android Q (10)
Best Answer

@Roughster you don't pair a Fitbit tracker to the phone. On the Fitbit app the user does an Add Device which will connect the tracker to the users Fitbit account. Once connected to the account then the Fitbit app will, if needed, pair the tracker to the phone. 

So when trying to setup at what point does the setup process fail. 

Normally when an app is not communicating with the tracker, simply telling Fitbit I don't want to use the tracker, will not fix a communication problem but makes things worse. 

Please also reread the Community Guidelines again. They really are not different from guidelines for any other community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  Of course I know you have to pair through the App.  As I mentioned, I have done this literally 20-30+ times over the last few years.

At this point, the Ionic is at the factory reset welcome screen.  With a restarted phone (iPhone 8 fully updated), freshly deleted, then re-installed FITBIT app, with bluetooth and WIFI on, plugged into the charging cable on my computer, literally 5 feet from my router, with my iPhone also plugged into USB on the same computer sitting next to the Ionic, the APP will not detect the Ionic.  I have hard restarted the ionic by holding down the power and lower right button no less than 10 times, yes you read that right.  The Ionic is charged to 100%.

And YES, I have tried to pair (THROUGH THE APP (Fire) / Website (Windows 10)) it with 2 other devices, a windows 10 laptop, and a Kindle Fire Android.

This Ionic was working fine till it got pushed the new firmware.  First it stopped synching.  Then it went into the death spiral of no connection.  This is NOT THE IONIC but FITBIT's firmware that caused this.

What is being done about this?

Best Answer

same boat. Last sync was Saturday around 2pm. Turned on and off ionic, rebooted note 10 +, uninstalled, reinstalled app, deleted ionic device and tried to re-add ionic. Can't find it on note 10 +, tried to add or on app on galaxy tab s4, no joy there as well.

Anything left to do? 

Best Answer

As a Fitbit user I'm un-aware of what is being done about your situation, have you asked Fitbit support @Roughster 

Have you removed the Ionic from your phone through the bluetooth? I assume the ionic has been removed from your account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, deleted device from my account, deleted pairing on phone. It can't find it. I think the BT is dead. Not sure if it update caused, or just age caused.

Best Answer

Your tracker still shows the fitbit.com/setup message? 

Have you tried setting up the Ionic with a different device after logging into your account? 

I still can't figure out the reason one would tell Fitbit I don't want to use this device by removing it from their account when the actually do want to use it. 

I'm not sure if the tab can work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I removed the ionic Bluetooth connection.  Yes it is still showing the welcome / setup screen.  Yes, I tried two other devices for setup, android tablet and a windows 10 laptop with blue tooth.

yes I went through customer support and they exhausted all troubleshooting. Their solution was to offer me a 25% discount on a new purchase.

This is not acceptable.

Best Answer

I have tried everything. I mean everything! I even went as far as to buy a new Ionic because my 2 year old Ionic's left button started sticking and then it just quit turning on. With the new one, same issues. Again tried everything. SO frustrating. 

Samsung S10 running Android Q (10)
Best Answer
0 Votes