Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic - Only 3 stats in Today app, no Notifications coming either

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I updated my Ionic to 27.33.1.30 few months back. Everything was good and all of a sudden sync stopped. To correct that with the help of Support I hard-reset Ionic. After that,

1. I see only 3 stats in Today app, which is on 33.1.30 version

2. Unable to update Coach app - shows watch is not connected, tho syncs within minutes! Lol is the comment here

3. I just noticed, I am not getting any push notification (text/call alerts) even when all the settings are on!

Hard-reset twice...still the same!

To confirm - no other Bluetooth gadget was on except Phone and the watch.

Today app versionToday app versionToday App gifToday App gif

Coach_Not_Updating.gif

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you around @PunitD. Thanks for the details mentioned and the screenshots attached. 

The gifs you attached are a great help and the troubleshooting you already performed in order to get this working. 

It's pretty weird that you're getting only 3 stats in the Fitbit app today. Since, you've tried performing a factory reset but you're still not receiving the whole stats, please restart it and check if you're able to get all the stats. After the restart, try installing Coach. 

It's pretty weird that you're not receiving notifications when your Ionic is syncing to your app, please try force quitting the app, reset Bluetooth, refresh notifications and set them up again. You can find the instructions here

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only had three stats like forever.  Sometimes I see all seven but they are not accurate.  When I try to add fluid intake on the ionic it doesn't synch to my phone.  It seems like the data is days old.  Kind of like the weather app, it has never worked right.  Overall I like the ionic but the software or firmware is seriously lacking synching capabilities.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @aviation. It's pretty weird that you're not seeing all the stats in your watch. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and providing you with options. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia, thanks for the reply.

I have already restarted it a few times - sorry but no help! Installing Coach has always been pain, this time it's impossible. As such after the last 2 resets - I am not able to sync Water (using other apps) or even sync Strava (very sure that the app is logged in and authorized!).

I will try following Notifications instructions, but Bluetooth thing I have already tried a few times.

Most of the troubleshooting with Ionic takes a few hours - that means you are ought to spend alone time, no netflix nothing, only with phone/wifi/ionic. Still, I will try tonight or may be tomorrow evening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @PunitD. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate that you've mentioned you've tried the troubleshooting posted above. I totally understand that when you're troubleshooting this, you're spending time with your Ionic. Please let me know if after following the troubleshooting mentioned above, you're still not able to log water and Strava doesn't sync. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would suggest trying to connect the Fitbit Ionic to WiFi and then letting it sit on the charging cable. When it's plugged in, it connects to the WiFi and apps like Today and pending updates (like the one for Fitbit Coach) tend to have an easier time syncing/finishing up.

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, yesterday I received another update. And, this time I received an
option to select WiFi or Bluetooth. I selected WiFi, update was faster and
don't know how...all my problems are solved. I restarted/reset my Ionic
multiple times before to no avail. But, this time...it worked! Finally I am
again owning a Smart Fitness Tracker, otherwise it was just another GPS
tracker for me. This was till date smoothest experience and the best
update! kudos to you
Best Answer