Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Pairing Issues with Beats by Dre Powerbeats 2 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having difficulties pairing Beats by dre Powerbeats 2 wireless headphones with Ionic.I tried restarting my ionic and also tried to restart the headphones but no luck.I keep seeing "No Devices Found" on the ionic.One of the main reasons why I bought Ionic is to sync my watch with headphones so that I dont have to carry my phone with me while running.Did anyone face this issue ? Please let me know if there are ways to resolve this issue ?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was having the same problem with my beats x.  I didn't realize i had to hold the ear phones power button down for 5 seconds, the light will start flashing which makes the ear phones discoverable.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

I don't have the "by Dre" but I have some bluetooth Beats...one thing I found, if they have been paired with other devices they will try to pair with those devices first, until they have been paired with the Ionic, so it is a bit of a pain until you turn off bluetooth on the other devices in order to give the ionic a chance to pair before the other devices jump in...now my beats headphones pair easily.

The only other thing I know is that the headphones have to be bluetooth 4.0 compatible.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply.I tried turning off bluetooth in my phone so that the headphones does not pair with it.The Ionic is still not finding the powerbeats headphones.The model of the headphones which I have is 

https://www.beatsbydre.com/earphones/powerbeats3-wireless and I have verified that it is 4.0 capable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem with my beats x.  I didn't realize i had to hold the ear phones power button down for 5 seconds, the light will start flashing which makes the ear phones discoverable.

Best Answer

Have you tried to put your Powebeats in "pairing mode"? I do not have this specific model, but it helped me to pair another wireless headphones to my Ionic. From what I found in Internet for your model it could possibly be done as follows:

If you have some other Bluetooth device, follow these steps to pair your earphones with that device:

1. Press the power button for 5 seconds. When the indicator light flashes, your earphones are discoverable.
  2. Go to Bluetooth settings on your device.
  3. Select your earphones from the list of discovered Bluetooth devices.
Best Answer

The response from Sosofija is correct and that is how I paired my PowerBeats 3. The issue I am having is that the headphones disconnect after about 30 minutes which is a pain on a longer workout. I thought I solved the issue because Pandora was timing out but now I am having the same problem with the pairing between the Ionic and headphones dropping. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I don't have any problems connecting them but disconnects after about 30 minutes. Have any real solutions been found? 

Best Answer

Other than the temporary solution of pausing the music and then restarting no other long term solution has been published. I assume/hope the programs have come to the same conclusion that it is a timing out issue with the connection and have a fix on the next firmware release.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem - after 29 minutes the bluetooth pairing is dropped and I don’t have anyway to re-pair if I am in the middle of a workout.  Hope fitbit can fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I was hoping with the update it would have been resolved. So annoying.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!!  I was having this issue too...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you hold the top right button, you can reconnect without stopping your workout. It's still a pain but I've learned to reconnect while running. It's too bad people are still reporting this problem. You would think they could find a solution by now. 

Best Answer

Thank you.  I will try that the next time it happens to me. 

Someone else had suggested pausing the music and then restarting to keep the pairing but I could not figure out how to get to "setting" or to "music" while in the middle of an exercise run so I will try the top right button next time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To pause, short press the middle of the volume toggle & again to restart 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What?!?? Awesome thankyou! I’ll try it!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the 30 minutes issue too.  I have a $300 ionic that says I can play music for hours and after 30 minutes it disconnects the Bluetooth connection to my Powerbeats. Both of which I purchased so I can enjoy long runs with hands free music. Why is this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your advice solved the issue for me!  Had been trying to pair my headphones for over an hour!  disconnecting them temporarily from my iPhone did the trick!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

still having the problem with the disconnect after 30 minutes.  posting so fitbit is aware and community can respond if known fix is available.

Best Answer

I’m still having problems, too. I doubt Fitbit has even read any of these comments. I’m actually considering just using my phone again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes