Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Pairing Issues with Beats by Dre Powerbeats 2 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having difficulties pairing Beats by dre Powerbeats 2 wireless headphones with Ionic.I tried restarting my ionic and also tried to restart the headphones but no luck.I keep seeing "No Devices Found" on the ionic.One of the main reasons why I bought Ionic is to sync my watch with headphones so that I dont have to carry my phone with me while running.Did anyone face this issue ? Please let me know if there are ways to resolve this issue ?

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44
This isn’t okay. Part of the reason I got this tracker was because of its ability to store music and not have to carry my phone on long runs

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree.  Nothing anywhere even acknowledges this problem aside from those of us that have posted.  Regretting purchasing the Ionic over other fitness tracker - $300 spent and doesn’t deliver as advertised 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have some Beats, and have the issue with dropping after 30 min.  Frustrating.  I see conveniently on the post (upper right corner) is Fitbit store.  Guess their earbuds dont have the issue?  Hate to pay additional $129.  Does anyone have them?  Do they stay paired longer than 30 min?  Do they stay in your ears ok while working out?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw them a few weeks ago but a lot of the reviews I read said they don’t stay in while running. I believe the issue is just with the Powerbeats. I recently tried my husband’s JBL earbuds (that are now mine 😉) and they work great. They automatically pair when I turn them on and don’t disconnect. I have trouble finding earbuds that fit and these are awesome. I’d recommend giving them a try.
Best Answer

wrote:
I saw them a few weeks ago but a lot of the reviews I read said they don’t stay in while running. I believe the issue is just with the Powerbeats. I recently tried my husband’s JBL earbuds (that are now mine 😉) and they work great. They automatically pair when I turn them on and don’t disconnect. I have trouble finding earbuds that fit and these are awesome. I’d recommend giving them a try.

Can you share - which model JBL earbuds are you using?

Anyone else having success with JBL wireless models?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using the PowerBeats3 wireless headphones.  Just like clockwork the
pairing is lost at 30 minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m using JBL Reflect Contour earbuds. Still no problems. There may be a slight sacrifice if music quality is priority. They haven’t disconnected even once, which is the best part (for me, anyway). I also like that they tell you when the battery life is getting low so you don’t have to take a chance.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution was perfect.  I felt kind dumb for forgetting the pairing procedure.  Thanks again 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
How long does your pairing last? Because after 30 minutes my kicks out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same 30 min un-pairing issue. I have the Beats X.  So frustrating because you can't re-pair your headphones while in the activity tracking mode.  You have to stop your activity tracking.  Go back to settings, re-pair the headphones, then go back to your music to un-pause, and then restart your activity tracking.  Given the number of others who have posted the same issue why has this not yet been fixed with an update?  Come on FitBit you can do better than that. . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can re-pair by holding the top right button down while on exercise mode. It’s still awkward and it doesn’t fix the issue but at least you don’t have to pause your activity. I recommend getting other headphones. This problem only seems to happen with the Powerbeats.

Stephanie Couey
(Sent from my iPhone)
Best Answer
0 Votes

You said you have the JBL is there a certain model?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Thst was a massive help x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I was going nuts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

She recommended the JBL Reflect Contour.

Best Answer

Thanks for this tip. Had thought it was the watch but this fixed it straight away. Good to access to this Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Stephanie,

What top right button reconnects this to beats. Is it on the earphones or watch?

This is driving me insane.

Thanks,

Stuart

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe it was the top right button. It has been awhile so I can’t remember. It’s still challenging to do while running.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the beatsx and the same thing is happening to me except it will say its connecting but just wont connect but i have restarted both my ionic and beatsx several times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. My Beats have been paired with my Ionic for over a year. Yesterday, after charging the Beats, they were no longer paired with my Ionic and now they will not pair. I have them in pair mode, turned off Bluetooth on every device within a country mile, restarted Ionic and Beats, and shutdown Ionic and started again. Nothing works. It’s not the Beats because they will still pair with my phone. Any other suggestions not already mentioned in this thread?

Best Answer
0 Votes