Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Processor

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I still cannot find any info on the processor of the Ionic. Anyone has more details?

Thx!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ijmd wrote:

In one of the picture of the dcrainmaker review, you can read this reference on one of the chip : TZ1201XBG

Good eyes, and yes that should be the main processor. Its similar to the processor in Blaze.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

This review https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/fitbit-ionic-gps-smartwatch-all-the-details.html

has a picture with MCU but I can't read the silk screening on the package.

Best Answer

In one of the picture of the dcrainmaker review, you can read this reference on one of the chip : TZ1201XBG

It's a Toshiba ARM processor : https://toshiba.semicon-storage.com/eu/product/assp/applite/tz1200.html

(I don't know if it's the main processor)

Best Answer

@ijmd wrote:

Good eyes, and yes that should be the main processor. Its similar to the processor in Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your replies,.... much appreciated! Looks as if the Ionic processor is more performing compared to fenix 3 but worse than AW3... (MHZ). Certainly not the most important factor to judge on a smartwatches' horse power, though....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CGP_2507 Fenix 3 has a faster processor vs Ionic. AW3 processor is much much faster.

Versus Ionic, the Fenix 3 has a faster microcontroller - 180MHz NXP K66 (Cortex-M4). The Ionic has a 120MHz Toshiba Cortex-M4. Keep in mind these are microcontrollers, and only capable of running a simple OS. These processors are *not* capable of running Android, iOS, or Windows. The Ionic processor has 2.2MB on-chip RAM, and I see a slower off-chip PSRAM in the photo.

The AW3 has a high-end application processor, its in a different class and much faster but in return requires more battery versus a microcontroller. The AW2 had a 780MHz dual-core processor, the new AW3 has a 70% faster processor. Wikipedia reports 768MB DRAM.

Best Answer
0 Votes