Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: Returned and my reasons why

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today, I moved back to my Surge. I don't want to bash the Ionic. I wanted to share my findings and reason I returned it. My biggest concern is that the issues below won't be resolved via a Software Update by the time my 45 days are up to return the device.

1. Many apps just don't work (eg Weather App) or work properly

2. Device won't come on when I flick my wrist

3. Unable to adjust display time-out

4. The method to get Music to the device is unreliable and painfully slow

5. The display is smaller than I realized, bezels entirely too large, I can't read some of the text (too small)

6. Sync fails over and over

7. Clock Faces rarely work

There are more reasons, but I already come across as entirely too picky.  If these items are improved in the next generation, I'm placing an order I will keep. I couldn't risk most of these not ever getting fixed. Especially for this kind of money.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I got the Ionic for Christmas and was super excited. Sadly, our relationship ship was short-lived. I returned it today for a Charge 2. Here were my issues with the Ionic. 

1. The music. I was so excited for having music synced to my Fitbit. I thought it would play from the Fitbit. Nope. Had to get wireless headphones. Alright. So I do that. Not cheap! Then it requires me to have a Pandora subscription. I already have one for Spotify so I was sort of annoyed that it won’t let you choose your music subscription.

2. The Battery. I had to charge my Fitbit every day. I understand more features are included and this could cause battery drainage but the first two weeks? Also, I didn’t use anything yet and I still had to charge it every day. Super disappointing. 

3. The weather app. Loved this feature but it didn’t always work. It was either off or just simply not working. 

4. Touch screen. The first week it worked fine. The second week it kept freezing for some reason. Wouldn’t show the screen if I tapped it or moved my wrist. No idea why. 

5. Steps. I didn’t feel like it was recording my steps accurately. I reset it multiple times and changed my stride to zero and it wouldn’t go over 5000 steps. I know I walk a lot and workout so it was certainly wrong. 

These are just some of my issues that I was not expecting the first few weeks with it. I honestly would rather just have my regular charge Fitbit recording accurate steps and heart rate. That’s all I really need. The Ionic definetly looks cool and seems to be on the right track for future things, but I’d rather get an Apple Watch and actually text and talk into my wrist rather then just view my notifications on Fitbit. Personally, Fitbit Ionic isn’t worth the money. Get an Apple Watch for the same price with more advanced features. 

Best Answer