Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Phone calls not sending to Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After spending hours trying to resolve this I gave in and called Samsung and then Fitbit. Here's what I found:

• With Version 7.0/Nougat Samsung eliminated Priority Mode and replaced it with Settings/Sounds and Vibration/Do Not Disturb/HIDE VISUAL NOTIFICATIONS. So all of the recommendations for this problem won't work if you are running V7.0/Nougat
  • Fitbit is aware that the Ionic will not display phone notifications on the S8/S8+
  • THEY ARE WORKING ON IT.

I have expressed my dismay that this is such a vital function for a smart watch that it is hard to believe that this does not seem to be a priority for Fitbit.

Hope this saves others who are experiencing this problems some time.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Interesting. Just checked if there is any problem with calls and notifications and in my case, all works fine. Notification is slightly delayed ( about 5 sec ) but it appears. My Galaxy S8+ runs Nougat 7.0 and as shown below, notification appears:

pic.jpg

I already complained a lot about Ionic but notifications are the only thing that actually works for me quite well. Pity that it's not possible to pick up or reject the incoming call using Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a update of the phone and now its not even possible to choose notifications phone.

is there a solution?

I ame starting to regret that i bought a fitbit..........

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problems here BUT I did notice that a lot of my settings were changed with the update. You might want to make sure that yours are as you expected. I don't remember if I changed any that might have affected linkage to my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see no resolution for the s8 issue; but I have the fix, returned fitbit and get money back.  Wish there was an alternative. 

Best Answer
0 Votes