Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Showing Magenta Triangle with Exclamation Mark

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to fix a fitbit ionic when the screen shows a magenta triangle with a magenta exclamation mark through it?  There are no lights on the back, neither the two button nor the three button resets will fix the problem.  It has been charged overnight that hasn't help?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. If you're experiencing this issue, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to start a new topic.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
91 REPLIES 91

@Jamacque Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is very strange! Is it still showing that magenta triangle?

Could you please share a picture with me so I can give it a look and see what it means?

With "two button restart", do you mean this restart process for Ionic? Please make sure you have done that one.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
[cid:857274b8-039b-4bba-b116-08c47173dfef]

I have tried the two button restart and the three button restart for factory reset but all I can get is this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamacque Thanks for your reply and for sharing that information! 

I'm not able to see the picture you sent. Please try using the "Photos" option of the post box. It looks like this:

PhotosPhotos

That way, the picture will copy on your post. I'm also checking what the cause of that magenta triangle could be.

Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
[cid:e8b59e14-8ced-4da4-842f-32cb48da1c9c]
Best Answer
0 Votes

20180124_060909.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamacque Thanks for your reply and for proving the picture of the magenta triangle. 

I need you to try a factory reset one more time (three button reset). Please hold the three buttons until the screen dims out. Then, try turning it on. Make sure it still has any battery power on it. 

Once you have done this reset again it should be back to normal. If not, please let me know and I will keep helping you.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn’t matter how many times I try to reset it doesn’t work. The screen will go black but the triangle and exclamation mark will reappear.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamacque Thanks for your reply and for trying all of the troubleshooting steps provided.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was there a fix? I have the exact same triangle with explanation mark. I charged it yesterday for about 3 hours. It took 5 times of doing the reset for it to come back on.  This morning it was off (or dead) again.  After 4 or five reset tries... I got the triangle thing.. thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kim.m Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation with Ionic showing the magenta triangle. 

In this case, I'd recommend trying a factory reset this time. You can perform it by holding and pressing the 3 buttons on your Ionic until it dims out and resets. This could help you out to get this sorted. 

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response. I had tried this many times before I had submitted the post and it doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the reset, left button and bottom right, several times. I also just tried the factory reset, all three at the same time. This time the Fitbit logo came up,then the screen went black. I then again did the left button and bottom right and then it went right back to the triangle and explanation point. 

any other suggestions?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamacque Thanks for your reply! I contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@Kim.m Thanks for trying the steps provided. I went ahead and created a case with customer support on your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was there a fix for the magenta triangle... I just charged Wednesday and today it won't turn o  I have tried all factory rest processes and I cant get that triangle to go away

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately not. For me, it never went away and ultimately stopped working completely. Mine was still under warranty and has been returned. I still do not know what caused it. I recommend reaching out to fitbit support directly. They were very helpful and did try several things that I had not tried before.

Sorry, I could not be of more help.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Cmckinney

Thanks for performing these troubleshoots, let me further assist you.  I've created a Support Case on your behalf, keep an eye on your inbox for next steps. Let me know how it goes! 

@Kim.m Thanks for your help! 

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I know currently there is no fix for this problem other than replacing it and I have no idea what caused it.  I had my Ionic replaced with a new one.  

Best Answer

This just happened to me too.  My ionic is 14 months old.   What is causing this?  For me it happened while I was sleeping.   I baby this watch not even showering with it on.   This really bites the big one.   Especially since my buddy got an apple watch the same time and we have been going back and forth what one is better.   Guess we know now. 😥😥

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit replaced it for me. The annoying thing was all the troubleshooting they had me do. New one worked for about 6months... just got another replacement. 
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes