Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Showing Magenta Triangle with Exclamation Mark

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to fix a fitbit ionic when the screen shows a magenta triangle with a magenta exclamation mark through it?  There are no lights on the back, neither the two button nor the three button resets will fix the problem.  It has been charged overnight that hasn't help?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

I had the Fitbit replaced under warranty which ended up being a refurbished model and ended up also being faulty literally didn't get one day use of it. Sent that one back and still waiting to hear what's happening now. Have since bought a Garmin and couldn't be happier. If I ever get a working Fitbit back will just be giving it to my gf so she has a GPS watch for runs, but will definitely be making sure she dosnt buy one herself. The Garmin was almost twice the price of the ionic but quite a few people I know have them and have had them for 3-5 years with no major issues so hopefully I get some similar use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree. My ionic has the triangle and exclamation point and now is dead. I jumped through all the hoops trying to fix it and at the end of the day was told it’s past warranty but, hey go buy a new one. It seems like the shelf life is only 1-2 years and I can’t continue to spend money on something I know will fail. This is very frustrating. My family has had the apple watches and their customer service is wonderful and they have not had such internal hardware issues. It’s too bad because I did really like Fitbit but they aren’t the same and don’t want to help when it’s an internal issue and not the owner who damaged it. Such a shame but they have now lost a customer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am adding my identical experiences with this growing list of disappointed Iconic Fitbit users.  I have tried all the suggested fixes without a permanent solution. I will add that when tracker didn't work the first two times I was able to get it running for a few minutes and have it sync with my Smartphone. But that only worked twice and then the magenta triangle with the exclamation point appeared and now is the only thing that'll can bring up on the tracker.  Does anyone know if a fix is available or does it just have to be returned for are replacement?  Thanks for any insights.

Best Answer
Have not heard of a fix. Mine is junk.

Thanks,

Luke
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any update about this? I’ve had mine since Christmas and it just started doing this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I know, there is no fix for this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the dreaded triangle and exclamation mark this morning. It appears to me that it tried to do a firmware update and there was not enough charge left on it to update. It was completely dead this morning when I know it had about 40 percent charge on it when I went to bed. It would not charge with a plug-in charger. It did charge when I plugged it into the computer, so now it has a full battery. I am having difficulty getting it to stay on wi-fi or bluetooth long enough to update. It appears to be updating and then stops dead in the middle. I have tried the reset option. Didn't do a thing. Any other thoughts or suggestions? I may have better luck on my home wi-fi, which is a little more stable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Time for a new one or go with something else. No fixes to my knowledge.

Thanks,

Luke
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Tried to do the reset several times to no avail. It’s also really hot for no reason. Is there any solution for this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit they did replace mine when it did this, even though the first replacement didnt work either. New one works fine now but in all stuff around I ended up getting a Garmin. Yea they are a bit more expensive but have had no regrets since, really good watches, and have friends who have had there's for years with aggressive use and still going strong. Makes Fitbit seem like a toy compared.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I have tried all the recommendations on this post. The ionic won't  turn on. Did you find a solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only solution is to buy a new one unless you're within the warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the honesty... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no solution and will not be one, when this happens toss it in the trash and walk away!

Thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

For anyone just finding this thread I might have a bit of an update. Had the same issue with a 4 month old Ionic. None of the resets would work and spent about 30 mins on the phone with tech support. Finally they relented and will be sending a new watch. BUT.....what he did tell me was that it appears to be caused by using a device (phone, tablet, etc) for the app that has not been fully "tested" by Fitbit. So then when a Firmware update comes out  and your fitbit uses the app via Bluetooth to get the update there is a glitch. When I logged into the app, sure enough there was a firmware update on the same day my watch started with this error.  I have a new Samsung phone and a newer Samsung tablet and when I gave him the models he verified neither were "tested". Not exactly sure what that means or how a person would know this?? His suggestion was to use a computer/laptop with windows 10 vs a phone or tablet. Also not sure if you can turn off the auto updates for the firmware so that you can control what device sends it - computer vs phone - but once I get the new watch I will be looking to do that. I like to have the data sent to my phone but obviously can't risk having the phone try to send another firmware update. 

Best Answer

I also got the magenta triangle and exclamation mark. Tried 2 and 3 button resets. Nothing worked. Its 13 months old.

Pls let me know a fix or can I replace it. I hv 3 ionics,  3 blaze and a versa.

This is the first fault that I hv seen with ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are out of warranty the only solution is to replace it.  The list of Ionic users with this issue continues to grow.  Almost sounds like built in obsolescence. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

not to be rude, but i think Fit Bit is doing this on purpose, so dont bother with another fit bit. this sucks, 300 dollar watch, to crap out because fit bit, does not want to take care of it product. NICE, NOT

Best Answer
I agree with you. I got a Garmin. Im so happy with it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Went with Samsung galaxy watch. Works great.

No more fit bits

Best Answer
0 Votes