Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Silent Alarm - I can't find the setting, help! :)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help! How do I set the silent alarm for my Ionic?  I can't find the setting anywhere in the fitbit android app, or on the dashboard on Win10.  I came from a Charge HR2 and had no problem finding the setting for that device.

This is what my option list looks like on Windows10: ionic settings.PNG

According to the instructions here (http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1868), I should be seeing silent alarms listed somewhere.. 

FITBIT.COM DASHBOARD
  1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. Click the gear icon in the top right and click your device image. 
  3. Under Silent Alarms, click Add Alarm.  
  4. Select the alarm time and frequency. Be sure to enter the alarm time in the format HH:MM.
  5. Click Save. If the entry box turns red, you may have entered your alarm time in an incorrect format. Be sure you include a colon between hours and minutes.
  6. Click the Fitbit Connect icon (User-added image) and select Sync Now to send the alarm to your tracker.

What am I missing?  
Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From everything that I've seen and read, there isn't a way to set alarms for the Ionic in the app. You HAVE to do it through the watch itself.

Which, in my opinion, is super annoying. I have no idea why they took the option to set alarms from the app.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

From everything that I've seen and read, there isn't a way to set alarms for the Ionic in the app. You HAVE to do it through the watch itself.

Which, in my opinion, is super annoying. I have no idea why they took the option to set alarms from the app.

Best Answer

This is correct, you cannot change alarms in fitbit app, have to do it on the ionic. I have put in a feature request for Fitbit to fix that so we can adjust the alarms through the app like you can do with their other trackers

Best Answer

Thank you. I agree, it should be an option from the app, too, at least. 

Best Answer

I think it so much easier doing it on the watch. No need to sync and changing alarms through the app seemed to takes ages. So quick and easy on the Ionic!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@NellyG I think this a great feature, if I want a quick snooze during a long drive just set it. It's the same on my phone which I used to use. I always bypassed the Blaze Alarm method. The setting of Alarms through the Fitbit App is always an issue with syncing.

Also, I used to set an alarm to warn me to turn off notifications at night and on again in the morning and now with auto turn off notifications while asleep has saved me two alarms and another stress point gone.

Thanks for bringing that up for the Fitbitters.

@NellyG wrote:

I think it so much easier doing it on the watch. No need to sync and changing alarms through the app seemed to takes ages. So quick and easy on the Ionic!

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do it on the watch itself?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmbyScroll through your screens until you see Alarms. Tap on it  and you Then Use +New Alarm  and you will see what to do from there.

The Manual is here and can help A lot

https://help.fitbit.com/?p=ionic Its at the top of the page

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Thank you so much, I did find it... but having the manual will help.

Sent from my Amby's iPhone
Best Answer

I would like to customise the alarm to # of vibrations before it stops. Can this be done?

Best Answer

It is now June and I have seen several updates since this original post. Why can we not do this on the App yet? It would be nice to be able to name the alarms. Like "wake up" and "take meds" ect. to distinguish the alarm types.

Best Answer

Where do you find it on the watch itself?

@hs100789 wrote:

How do you find it on the watch itself?

Best Answer

Same annoying issue, can only be altered from watch itself - forgot need to address this

Best Answer

I just got the Ionic and came from the Blaze.  I am a heavy user of Silent Alarms and setting them on the watch itself and not having the ability to also set them through the App is a reduction in features.  I really hope the Fitbit software developers read this and send out a software update that adds this feature back.  I chatted with customer service online and apparently this functionally was also removed from the Versa.  Please help I'm sure I'm not the only user who sets 4+ silent alarms a day and they're not repeatable so it's very inconvenient to do all this on small watch face and no longer have the option to do it through the App.  Thank you 

Best Answer

I just put in a feature request as well.  Fitbit please help your customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do this from the watch? I can’t figure it out and it’s definitely listed under features. 

Best Answer

Ya its very annoying to even try on my Ionic,  when you try to add a new alarm

NO place on Ionic to save that new alarm,  after reading more I find to hold the back button,  I  hold the "back" button  to go to the days of the week for that alarm.

I CANNOT get that done. 

It seems every time I  want to change something,  it turns ridiculous how hard it becomes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nelly,  will you please tell me 

How you are making those alarms so easy. 

I check the days of the week I want  and change the time,  but saving that alarm seems rather hard

Press the back button doesn't make it happen. 

Thanks Roland 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was easy to set my original alarm, and now I want to change that time.

My Ionic would not let me change the days of the on that alarm.

I had to delete it.

Now back to add new alarm. Set my days of the week, change the time.

How the heck do you save that new alarm.

Things tried without success:

Press and hold back button (For a minute or so) lower right.

Press and hold top right button, reverts back to notifications, text or call.

Press and hold both bottom right and left button, held long enough the Fitbit symbol is on the screen. Do you have any clues how I can save a new alarm. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excuse me, but I must be a dumb old man, because each time I have tried to set a new alarm,  none of the buttons pressed will save that alarm setting. 

So I loose that time and day setting I just made.

What's also ridiculous is the manual 

Will not tell you how to save that alarm. What gives,  am I just s.o.l.

Best Answer
0 Votes