Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Strava App not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been on a run and the data has synced to the Fitbit app and to my Strava phone app. But not to the ionic app. It says no recent activity.

I have been on the Fitbit app and gone to the ionic settings and authorised the Strava account. But when I go back to this bit it then says not authorised, what do I need to do to sync this data?

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I'm having the same problem.

Does anyone know how to solve it? Is there a workaround?

Best Answer

Same here, I am also have this problem.  I can see all my runs just fine in the Strava mobile app, but nothing is showing up in the Strava Ionic app.  

Best Answer

Not syncing here either. It does show some prior activities, but today’s activities do not show in Strava Ionic app. They do show in Strava Mobile app. 

Even tried removing Ionic Strava app & re-authorizing. Still no Ionic Strava sync. 

NOTE: it is necessary to go to Strava.FitBit.com to link the two services. The Mobile Strava App syncs nicely, but still not Ionic Strava sync. 

Best Answer

STRAVA IS WORKING BEAUTIFULLY!

Be sure to select the activity as a RUN & use GPS. 

Apparently a WALK or HIKE won’t work. 

Soooo WONDERFUL 🙂

Best Answer

I had the same thing. My Fitbit and Strava have been linked for ages. However, I hadn't linked them in the Fitbit app (Android) since I got the Ionic. 

In the Fitbit app go the Ionic then select apps, and then click on the gear next to the Strava app and authorise it here. 

It works ok for me now. Doesn't really add much IMHO tho!

Ionic and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7
Best Answer

I have the app linked and authorised. Still get nothing on my Ionic. When I go for a run and log it on my Ionic Strava does update with the run information. 

Currently running firmware version 27.30.3.2

Best Answer

This solved the problem!!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even authorise it, how do I fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked. Thanks! It synced easily with the strava app but not back to my Ionic stava app until the authorize setting.  Cool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read HellyBob's post.  His instructions worked for me. Hopefully it will for you too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect, I hadn't realised I needed to authorise both ways

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. strava.fitbit.com to authorize Fitbit servers to sync activities to/from Strava

2. Fitbit app > Ionic > Apps > Strava app to authorize Ionic's Strava app to download Strava activities

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Well... I don't run but I walk and hike !

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JGobeil wrote:

You can still have your walking activities on Strava. Just make sure to initiate a walking activity with the GPS enabled and tracking. As long as you’ve authorised the two accounts, on Strava and the Fitbit app, you should be good to go. All Strava is looking for is GPS info. If you auto detect a walk or hike the gps isn’t used and Strava disregards the activity.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@JGobeil wrote:

You can still have your walking activities on Strava. Just make sure to initiate a walking activity with the GPS enabled and tracking. As long as you’ve authorised the two accounts, on Strava and the Fitbit app, you should be good to go. All Strava is looking for is GPS info. If you auto detect a walk or hike the gps isn’t used and Strava disregards the activity.

@SunsetRunner a few corrections:

You can still have your walking activities on Strava, but Fitbit will only sync ones with GPS (this is a Fitbit limitation). Just make sure to initiate a walking activity with the GPS enabled and tracking. As long as you’ve authorised the two accounts, on Strava and the Fitbit app, you should be good to go. All Strava Fitbit is looking for is GPS info. If you auto detect a walk or hike the gps isn’t used and Strava Fitbit disregards the activity, and doesn't sync to Strava.

(I've been syncing/importing non-GPS activities to Strava for years, using both Garmin Connect and Wahoo Fitness app. Works great.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well @bbarrera I took the info from Strava’s help page but if it’s Fitbit holding back, so be it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner a lot of confusion, for example step 3 in this Fitbit Help article is wrong (when prompted, you are authorizing Fitbit to connect with your Strava account). So both Fitbit and Strava help pages contain wrong information.

A few points:

- Fitbit API does not support exporting activities without GPS. This is a Fitbit limitation not present on other fitness platforms that I use. For example, all of these support exporting/importing non-GPS activities: Strava, TrainingPeaks, TrainerRoad, Wahoo Fitness, Garmin Connect, and RideWithGPS.

- Fitbit servers push activities to Strava. Fitbit servers also read from Strava to create manual activities in Fitbit.

- Here is an example of a stationary bike ride (no GPS) recorded at the gym using my Garmin bike computer, and then Garmin Connect automatically synced to Strava:

Stationary bike ride at gym, recorded with Garmin bike computer and auto synced to StravaStationary bike ride at gym, recorded with Garmin bike computer and auto synced to Strava

Best Answer

Well...  Fitbit is just like Limbo !  How low can you go !!!

So my workouts and pool sessions cannot be transferred to Strava...  Can't wait for Endomondo to enable Ionic transfers.  I hope they will do a better job.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you this was very helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes