Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

Hi

Are you trying to sync the tracker from the computer or phone? (iOS, Android, Windows?)

Thank you

Best Answer
I’ve tried syncing from both. I can Get it set up but It will not stay connected. It just keeps saying looking. iPhone

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I have been having same issue.  Multiple calls to support.   Im almost at the point of getting an apple watch.  Ive used fitbit for a long time.  But wifi issues. Clock face issues.  And i am on a second ionic so it cant be device.  It has to be firmware.   

Best Answer
Everything I read indicates they will get it figured out in time but how long right ? Can you sync all you fitbit info with Apple Watch ?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

No thats y i would hate to leave fitbit.  Plus their data is better sorted.  But i dont know if its worth the headache anymore

Best Answer

Thanks for your input @SunsetRunner!

@mzahmad55 & @mzahmad55 welcome aboard guys! Hey have you started experiencing syncing issues after the Firmware update? Are you using iOS, Android or Windows to sync your Ionic? Sorry to answer your posts with more questions but I'd like to have a better pic of the situation.

I recommend restarting your Ionics by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

After that try to restart your mobile devices and sync again. Hope this helps. Feel free to post back! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

thank you for your help  i have ios  and ive done everything you could possibly tell us to do   i dont believe this is a prob with devices unless there is going to be a huge recall  as all are experiencing wifi and sync issues   this has to be a firmware issue 

Best Answer

I have tried all that basic stuff multiple times. Plus factory resets..It will not stay connected

Best Answer

Same issue here, tried resets & restarts and re-installs and syncing is still not available. Not been able to even change the clock face. Wifi has never worked. Any update on when a new (working) firmware will be released?

Best Answer

Many users have experienced the same thing. 

Best Answer

{                             }

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem syncing from both computer and phone.  My watch has synced once but all data that is synced disappears.  No sleep cycle at all.  I tried classic with dongle but it doesn't sync that way either.  It is very frustrating.

Best Answer

{                             }

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my new Ionic yesterday, and still have been unable to get past the sync and update on a brand new device.  I spent an hour on the phone with fitbit support last night (Juan #21557701) who tried everything he could.  I tried on my iPhone 7s with iOS 11 - no success, got the 0 error.  We tried with Windows 10 app on my computer, unable to connect to wifi due to having a 5.0MHZ internet connection.  Enabled 2.4 MHZ wifi connection, still unable to connect to wifi with the Ionic.  Tried laptop bluetooth to Ionic with the laptop connected to 2.4MHZ wifi  - never finishes sync and fails update.  I've spent several hours today uninstalling apps on both phone and laptop, turning on and off Ionic, installing new Ionic, power cycling iPhone, updating software on iPhone and everything still fails. At this point, I have a very expensive pretty piece of plastic and metal that won't get past the startup screen.  Today, Apple updated to iOS version 11.0.2 which hasn't changed anything either. I have no idea what to do next, but this is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

@dcastleman22

If not already done, the ionic can be factory reset from within the settings menu -> about on the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Thanks. I already did that 3 Times.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
For clarification - is the settings menu on the Ionic device, in the
Windows 10 app or in the Apple App?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tppt

Sounds like a faulty tracker.. fastest to exchange at the store of purchase (with receipt).

Could connect from first attempt here.

Technology has to work from first time, though had a gaming computer once needing to be replaced as couldn't start it up anymore after installing a official update.. 

Best Answer

@dcastleman22 wrote:
For clarification - is the settings menu on the Ionic device, in the
Windows 10 app or in the Apple App?

On the Ionic device

Best Answer
0 Votes