Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

If anyone is interested, I think I found a solution to the not syncing problem (at least on my device). For some reason on my Galaxy S4, it will only sync notifications if it is NOT in silent mode. I must have my S4 either on vibrate or with the volume on, but for the past two days I have had no issues. (hopefully this didn't just jinx it... Smiley Frustrated )

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PeteG-1On our Windows 10 PC the App is version 2.29 (1375) and working..

It syncs the One immediately and slower on the Ionic.. Exactly the same performance on my Android and the Windows 7 PC Fitbit Connect..

Your other post has been deleted...Luckily I had the email...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, mine started working perfectly after I got an app update this past weekend. 

Fitbit Ionic, LG G6 running Android 7.0 Nougat
Best Answer

Hopefully there is a new update coming soon for the iPhone app! My Ionic will sync but it’s very buggy and most of the time I’m having to turn on Bluetooth search on the Ionic to get it to go through.

I’m convinced it’s a app side thing though, and here’s why: when I have the app on my iPhone I can watch the Ionic go back and forth between connected and not connected on the Bluetooth on my phone. The other day as a troubleshooting measure I deleted the app. Once I did I coul$ see that the Ionic stayed connected to the phone. Then I reinstalled the app, and the on and off connection issue started again.

i also notice that the time I have the most difficult is when I do my first sync in the morning after I ge5 up, when it has to sync the sleep data. It will eventually work, but only after several tries. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!! Think I'm leaving group since my issue resolved. Good luck everyone!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, yesterday I received the new Fitbit app update on my Android phone, and syncing is a breeze now. Before I could sync my Ionic, but is was a bit of a hassle, I mostly had to try a few times and had to wait it out. With this update syncing starts immediately and only takes a short time.

Thanks!

Ionic (27.31.1.16), Android 7.1.1 on Sony Z5 Compact, Fitbit Flyer
Best Answer

Great to see that so many of you are having success syncing after updating to the most recent version of the Android app (2.64)! 

If you are using Android, I would highly recommend updating your app the newest version. You can find more information on this app release, including a link to download the latest version, here

For those of you on Windows, I would also recommend updating to the newest version (2.29). More information on what changed in the most recent update and a link to download can be found, here.

If after updating you are still having a hard time getting Ionic to sync, you can find some great troubleshooting tips posted, here

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, you know where to find me. Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

MattFitbit, is there a app update coming soon for iPhone users with sync issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Android app 2.64 did not fix my problem of syncing.  Only way I can sync is with my desktop with Windows 10.  Since I have a way to sync, FB doesn't seem too concerned.  At least that is the feeling I got from their last e-mail to me.

Best Answer

I know this may not be much help to anyone, but it seems that the syncing issue is widespread.  You can even add my name to the list: my Alta HR won't sync to ANYTHING at all since January 11th.  Neither of my devices will sync to my phone or tablet (both Android), and my Ionic will only sync to my laptop (Windows 10).  I've done all the troubleshooting suggested on both my Alta HR and Ionic, in hopes that it may have been a glitch.

The fact that my Alta HR, which has not given me many problems since I got it back in May, is all of a sudden having issues with syncing, as is my Ionic, leads me to believe that it's not something tracker related.  All of the other features on both my tracker are working perfectly,

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Version 2.64 is definitely improved on my Android phone.. I have multi Fitbits and when I woke this morning, switched the phone on, opened the App, there was an immediate sync... with the One and the Ionic (primary), the others are turned off.  Battery was 12% on the Ionic...  Still the delay on getting the sleep graph and RHR back to the phone and Ionic when that shows on the PC Dashboard.. That proves we need the link to a server.

Just tap Airplane mode on your phone and you get this error and no syncing..

Fitbit server error.png

I feel it's a connection/issue to the servers.., and as I have posted earlier.. When you sync from the phone and keep observing your Dashboard on the PC the results are there well before they are on the phone.

Fitbit are using servers in many countries which then replicate back to the main server.. With all of that background, poor phone links or WiFi one must expect issues.. Me being in Australia, population less than 1/10th of USA I'm sure I benefit..  I get 14ms ping for Fitbit and 200ms for sun/Oracle, so all relative..

Cloudfare is a company that allows companies like Fitbit to spread their computing..   This link in another forum asks some questions and gives you an idea of what may happen.....  In this ping test I need to go through 4 links before I "hit" Fitbit Cloudfare.  I'm not technically into the way it all works but the IP address of Cloudfare in this test is Denver USA..  I come from a background of papertape, telewriters, punch cards wern't around then, so what we get now, to me, is worth putting up with the issues...

protected Fitbit.png

ping fitbit 17jan18.png

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to synch properly with the new update since Saturday. I know my Bluetooth is fine because it plays my headphones just fine. I know it sees my ionic because it pairs up right away.. somewhere between the Bluetooth, the app and the ionic things go wrong. I am using my laptop to synch, which is really sad since this does not allow notifications to go through.. I have hope though - reading that some of you have gotten it to work properly is good news 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@emili.. Bluetooth... could be, at regular intervals I get the message that there's a problem with your Bluetooth via the Fitbit App.. Option to cancel or restart.. I cancel, and all progresses...

@emili wrote:

I haven't been able to synch properly with the new update since Saturday. I know my Bluetooth is fine because it plays my headphones just fine. I know it sees my ionic because it pairs up right away.. somewhere between the Bluetooth, the app and the ionic things go wrong. I am using my laptop to synch, which is really sad since this does not allow notifications to go through.. I have hope though - reading that some of you have gotten it to work properly is good news 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will sync fine for a day, then won't no matter what I try the next day.  Or, it will one hour then not for hours.  App sync just spins and watch says things like 'cant find your phone' even though it worked all day until that time.  This is an absolute disaster of a product at this point.  On pixel XL 2 with latest app version.

Best Answer

I too have had my ionic since 01/05/18. and have not been able to sync it properly and use it as I would like. Also talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

As you say it syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects properly so I cannot set up some apps like Weather. Haven't ven tried downloading music yet. it's been 2 weeks now and the functionality is no better than my Charge HR and if the Support Team can't help me sort it within this working week, I will be sending my Ionic back and continuing with my Charge HR.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Best Answer

@FastEddy- wrote:

Well, yesterday I received the new Fitbit app update on my Android phone, and syncing is a breeze now. Before I could sync my Ionic, but is was a bit of a hassle, I mostly had to try a few times and had to wait it out. With this update syncing starts immediately and only takes a short time.

Thanks!

Well now that it's working so well, turn your auto updating off and don't update the app anymore........ if you update it again and break it, you'll have nobody to blame but yourself 😟

Best Answer

How do I remove myself from this thread I created??? Geez! The bottom line is that it should work out the box and you shouldn’t have to do tricks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree. The technical issues with synching, loading apps onto the watch are making it hard to enjoy my new Ionic. Think mine is going back tomorrow.
Best Answer

@Joes1962 wrote:

MattFitbit, is there a app update coming soon for iPhone users with sync issues?

Ever since exchanging my original Ionic for a new one this its been working great for almost 2 weeks! No more sync issues. Does anyone know if the iPhone app was updated around that time period? Anyone else with iPhones experience a recent improvement in syncing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well! If you guys are still experiencing this; please try the following in order to sync:

• Update the Fitbit App to its latest versions (Android - Windows).
  • Check if your phone is listed under the list of supported devices.
  • Perform a restart on your Ionic, then try syncing. 
  • Turn Bluetooth off on your phone/computer, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on, and try syncing.
  • Log out from the Fitbit app, reboot your phone/computer, log back in, try syncing. 
  • If you are using a mobile device and still not syncing, try syncing using a computer. 

Also, check this post for other details to complement your workaround. 

Alternatively, check this helpful article for more details on syncing troubleshooting.

Let me know how it goes! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer