Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

@Tksouppa wrote:
This is NOT just an IOS issue. I am having similar problems with the Samsung Galaxy S8

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

With so little information supplied we can't rule anything out or in. For we know iOS is has totally different issues to android, however the end result is the same (likely I would suggest).

Could you update your signature so we know exactly what you are running (e.g android version?).

Have you turned off "all day sync" and "always connected" in the app, then reboot your phone and watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try unpairing your Ionic Bluetooth. That worked for me on my Samsung
Galaxy S8+ Haven't had a syncing problem since.
Best Answer

@daveinmn wrote:

Interesting.  How long has it been since you re-paired?  That is, how long have you gone without there being a sync issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@daveinmn wrote:

Def a no brainer to try. After a couple of sync tries it should re-pair automatically via the app (you don't need to do this via android).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried impairing, but the app never picked it back up on it's own, or at least it never synced.  
I also tried the suggestion of turning off the always connected and all day sync and restarting phone and watch.
I'm running Android 7.0, my phone says software is up to date.
It still shows that I haven't synced since 329 on the 21st, which is just hours after I scratched everything and did a full factory reset following the resolved instructions fitbit has provided in other threads.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tksouppa wrote:
I tried impairing, but the app never picked it back up on it's own, or at least it never synced.  
I also tried the suggestion of turning off the always connected and all day sync and restarting phone and watch.
I'm running Android 7.0, my phone says software is up to date.
It still shows that I haven't synced since 329 on the 21st, which is just hours after I scratched everything and did a full factory reset following the resolved instructions fitbit has provided in other threads.

So at this stage I'd like to hear from other users who are using either or both:

* Latest Android 7.

* Samsung Galaxy S8.

Please share your experiences!

And PLEASE update your signatures!!! It makes life a heck of a lot easier when comparing!

I think it's working for people on Android 8 with all day sync/always connected turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@daveinmn wrote:

Can you confirm your Android version? Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To add I am having a horrific experience with Sync. I have tried against Windows 10 and my Android device. Both running the latest app version.

Ionic Version : 27.25.16.7
Windows 10 : 2.26.1310.0
Android : 2.60

The ionic I have yet to have a consistent experience with sync. Never really connects to either device well, I get a rough sync here and there. Its no where near as consistent as my surge , to the point of mass frustration.

However I had an EVEN bigger concern today. When it did appear to sync to my android device, my data appeared to change into the app.
My active minutes went from 357 minutes to 57.
My moving went from moving every hour TO only showing 3 active hours.
This is more concerning to me then the inconsistent syncing. Losing the data or the data changing from the device to the application is a huge problem and concern. 

ionic | Windows 10 | Android OnePlus 5
Best Answer

I just plain out don't understand how the sync for this device can be so bad!!

It will sync one time in 20. No logic to it at all. Will just randomly decide to sync and the rest of the time nothing.

I have had lots of smart watches and never ever had an issue.

Please Fitbit fix this ASAP.

I have been having to tell anyone I talk to not to waste their time with this device. Half baked software that is far from customer ready.

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@zarbie wrote:

To add I am having a horrific experience with Sync. I have tried against Windows 10 and my Android device. Both running the latest app version.

Ionic Version : 27.25.16.7
Windows 10 : 2.26.1310.0
Android : 2.60

The ionic I have yet to have a consistent experience with sync. Never really connects to either device well, I get a rough sync here and there. Its no where near as consistent as my surge , to the point of mass frustration.

However I had an EVEN bigger concern today. When it did appear to sync to my android device, my data appeared to change into the app.
My active minutes went from 357 minutes to 57.
My moving went from moving every hour TO only showing 3 active hours.
This is more concerning to me then the inconsistent syncing. Losing the data or the data changing from the device to the application is a huge problem and concern. 

What version of Android? What device are you using? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

its the Fitbit app version....... 

My android device version is 7.1.1.... OnePlus 5

None the less the sync experience across multiple Windows devices , and my Android device is terrible. The surge still works great! There appears to be a core problem with the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@njakobs wrote:

It will sync one time in 20. No logic to it at all. Will just randomly decide to sync and the rest of the time nothing.

I have been having to tell anyone I talk to not to waste their time with this device. Half baked software that is far from customer ready.

I keep repeating this over and over..

Have you turned off "all day sync" and "always connected" in the app, then reboot your phone and watch? Works fine on my Pixel.

Best Answer

Yeap Yeap Yeap and Yeap.... still sucks. 

Sorry you keep repeating it..... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zarbie wrote:

Yeap Yeap Yeap and Yeap.... still sucks. 

Sorry you keep repeating it..... 

You are on the latest watch firmware and app? You've updated to the latest android.

You've tried unpairing.

Otherwise I can't understand at all why it's working for me and not for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah my last sentence was directed toward the Pixel user sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@njakobs wrote:

Have you turned off "all day sync" and "always connected" in the app, then reboot your phone and watch? Works fine on my Pixel.

Seems to work by doing that, but now I have to manual sync. Plus it is hit and miss if I get notifications on my Iconic. There has to be a 'fix' for this issue.

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with everything you said. I can't use carrot with it because Fit Bit isn't reliable enough. I have been telling people not to buy it until the kinks are worked out too. It has great potential as the newest Fitbit but is far from user ready.

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer

@njakobs wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@njakobs wrote:

Seems to work by doing that, but now I have to manual sync. Plus it is hit and miss if I get notifications on my Iconic. There has to be a 'fix' for this issue.

You're welcome Smiley Frustrated

I'm assuming that you are assuming that notifications are hit and miss, because they aren't. They have nothing to do with sync'ing. They work every time in this configuration.

And sync'ing outside the app is pretty useless, it just wastes battery. A manual sync takes 10 seconds max, I only do it 1 to 3 times a day I don't see the point of doing it more than that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not re-pair to bluetooth. Not sure how its syncing.. maybe NFC link
to the phone? But its been flawless for a week now. I've only had the
device for a week. 😄
Best Answer
0 Votes

@daveinmn wrote:
I did not re-pair to bluetooth. Not sure how its syncing.. maybe NFC link
to the phone? But its been flawless for a week now. I've only had the
device for a week. 😄

Can you update your signature with full specs so we can have useful information ? 🙂

Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes