Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

Just throwing it out there, as I have had the same issues, does anybody have another device (such as a computer) that they can sync to?  That is the only way mine is syncing now.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Agreed. I didn't have these issues with my Blaze. None of the work arounds really resolve the issue and it sucks to have to unpair and repair everyday just to get my work out data. I'm considering returning the device. Highly disappointed.

Best Answer

@ruriimasu Do you have 2 Ionics in the BlueTooth section of your device? If so delete the Ionic (leave the Ionic Classic) close the FitBit application and relaunch.

Ionic BT connection will come back on its own

That workaround works for me S8 Android 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner No. Only 1 ionic. What classic were you referring to? Are there other ionics?

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ruriimasu On the bluetooth settings, I enabled BlueTooth Classic too

On the Ionic > Settings > Blue Tooth > BlueTooth Classic and paired it with my phone for music control.

So when I look on my phones Bluetooth page I see Ionic and Ionic Classic listed as devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I don't connect to music so I have only 1 ionic paired under bluetooth settings.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by!

In order to troubleshoot the syncing issues you guys are having with your Ionics, attempt a restart. After the restart I recommend checking out this post with further instructions. If after doing all that you're still experiencing syncing issues, then I suggest attempting to set up your Ionics once again by doing the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your Ionic and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

I really hope this helps. Keep me posted with the outcome. I'll be around! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I bought my Ionic yesterday and after initially being able to set it up it now won't even pair via Bluetooth despite me trying all of the troubleshooting suggestions. I have a Huawei P10 lite - could it be the phone causing the issues or my fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

And it just synced even though it's not connected to my Bluetooth.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to get the ionic to pair with the blue tooth or sync with my Samsung Galaxy s5.  I was able to connect to my computer that runs window 10 using the fitbit dongle.  I haven't been able to connect to my wifi either.  I've tried everything short of removing ionic  and starting fresh.  I'm reluctant to do that, since it took a very long time the first time.  Are there many people "still" having issues?  I'm frustrated.

Best Answer
I just bought a new Samsung S2 tablet. It will sync with my Ionic and the apps work thru it although I still can't load music to my Ionic from it. It seems your device must have a recent version of Bluetooth to sync.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having issues with synching and what I did was go into the Advance Settings on the Fitbit app and I turned location on. That seemed to synch and now I can change my clock faces and my watch syncs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My syncing issues seem to have been sorted following a Fitbit software update last week. I've put 'all day sync'  and 'always connected' back on and am having no problems. 

Best Answer

Just a FYI. "Always connected" will drain your batteries quickly so I have no idea why people want to do this by default.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was so excited to see the firmware release however it doesn't seem to have fixed the syncing issues with the Ionic. I really wish the Ionic would sync like other Fitbit devices. My husband asked if he should get an Ionic and because of the syncing issues, I had to advise him to go with something else. The syncing would drive him nuts and drives me nuts.

Please fix the syncing issues.

Best Answer

I may have to send my watch back to Amazon with a description of this sync problem. I have a Pixel/XL and the watch will only stay in sync with it for an hour or two. Then I have to start over again with a fresh installation. Who has time or patience for that?! Is there a fix coming from Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so very disgusted and disappointed.  It takes forever to sync when and if it decides to.  Turn off/on bluetooth, Ionic, phone nothing works.  Last sync almost 14 hours ago.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

what initially started was the difficulty in syncing the ionic to the app on my android phone. Kept on re-syncing the tracker to the phone, but havent been able to update the data. Last synced was Monday afternoon at 2pm. 

Restarted the tracker, bluetooth and even the phone multiple times, not syncing. Removed the tracker from my fitbit app and now not able to connect the tracker to the app at all. it's just stuck at the connecting page after you entered the 4 digits provided by the Ionic during the set up. 

This came as a gift, and im not sure how i can have this sent back to Fitbit in exchange for a new one. All my workouts are in there.......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Taken my ionic back for refund and purchased the blaze which ive had no problems whatsoever!!

So glad i did!! 

Spent most of my time messing about and getting stressed over the ionic.

Best Answer

For a £300 smart watch the syncing issues are an absolute disgrace. Why can't Fitbit get it right? Are your engineers idiots or something? No other company who make smart watches have these issues. 

Best Answer