Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able to Sync Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my ionic for a week tomorrow. Still have not been able to sync it properly and use it. I have talked  to the customer service team multiple times and spent hours trying to trouble shoot with them.

It takes about 2 hours to get it set up. It syncs for about 5 minutes and then disconnects. It then goes back and forth from looking and syncing but never connects.

How long do we need to wait before this gets fixed or they can give some update. I have tried all the trouble shooting including factory reset, etc. Very frustraing.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
683 REPLIES 683

@willow71uk To be fair, many smartwatches have the same problem. BUT.......... those smartwatches cost from $8 to $30, unlike ionic at $300. Fitbit avoiding this issue is an embarrassment to the company. I start to wonder whether the features "always connected" and "all day sync" were implemented because they knew about these issues prior to release and hoped these features could slow the ship from sinking. I also start to wonder whether battery can last for days because the watch and app don't communicate so obviously the battery will last, because if you turn on any of those 2 features the battery drains fast.

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer

@ruriimasu I don't think so as my device does have synchronisation issues with those settings enable unfortunatly, however it is not a huge problem for me as I have a work around on my S8 so my data does synchronise.

One thing to bear in mind is FitBit OS on the watch is only version 1.0 or maybe even 1.1 with the latest firmware update, Apples Watch OS is version 4 and Tyzen is now version 3..0 on the Samsung watches.

I think personally that the OS and device was released a few months too early.

Best Answer
No they don’t they will ask you if you went swimming with it and send you to a site that tells you basically what you already know. Even if you contact them on Twitter they give you a case number and ask for screen shots of the app on your phone.
I noticed this because all of my badges and trophy’s are lost, and they are saying I must have gotten this god fore
saken Ionic wet even tho you can swim laps with it, it’s been 8 weeks for me and all they say is we’re sorry and we will send you to a site that will help NOT!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, manual sync takes really long. Using a Note 8.

Works when both Always Connected and All-Day Sync is on. I turned off All-Day Sync and it took 30 mins to sync. Tried turning Always Connected off as well and same issue today morning.

Already tried restarting bluetooth, device, Ionic itself, delete and reset it. I also tried a different Note 8 and same issue.

Ionic, Note 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realise many of you are having problems and I feel we need to also post the successes..

Reporting in after the last Ionic firmware update.   I have no issues now after the update. The syncing is working as expected. Since the update I have only had to reset the Fitbit twice (left and bottom right buttons at the same time).  The second time was this morning.

I have "always connected" set, and with no GPS usage, my battery is going down about 12%/day wearing the Ionic 24/7.

All text, emails, calendar reminders and phone calls are coming through and my email is Microsoft Outlook from the PC.

My earlier Sony Android on V6 always gave me issues. But this Sony on Android V7.1.1 has no problems and it's not on Fitbits compatibility list (I would like to think, not tested).

I will always have the problem of missing steps because of domestics, like walking on carpet and using shopping trolleys, I live with that because I'm compensated by the HR, which for me is reasonably accurate.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your method doesn't help in my case (Google Pixel 2, Google mesh Wifi). I have to do a complete reinstallation to restore connectivity. The watch stays connected for a period of time (always less than a day) and I then I start getting the sync error message and have to do the installation again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having terrible difficulties syncing since the update often needing to go through a complex ritual of rebooting the watch, disconnecting the bluetooth and often needing to phone their Fitbit helpline. Are you and other having this problem with the Ionic.

Best Answer

I can get manual syncing to work when I set Ionic to search for new devices then initiate a sync from app.  Within 3-4 times it works.  Instead of the 1/2-1hr I used to waste removing device from bluetooth, re-pairing, etc .

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Band-aid working.  It at least allows me to manually sync and not have to experience the same frustrations you are having wasting countless hours dancing around the problem. 

1. On Ionic, go to setting, BlueTooth and "+ Device" (Add New Device) which will have it start searching.

2. Start Manual sync from FitBit app.  Sometimes it fails on 1st try but usually succeeds by 3rd or 4th try. 

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the upbeat reply. I really like my Fitbit Iconic and I'm sure
this problem will eventually get resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

On awakening this morning I decided to try and sync via the computer with Fitbit Connect.. It failed three times with Fitbit Connect not finding the Ionic.

I did a reset using the buttons on the Ionic and it synced immediately, no delays.

Battery is now 62% so still only using about 12%/day since the last charge.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same sync issue with my iphone6+. Need to activate the bluetooth on ionic to searching mode in order to have a successful sync. This is rather disappointing. According to moderator matthewfitbit in an earlier thread, the sync issue with ios 11 supposedly resolved but it is not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not it’s better, in the 8 plus weeks I’ve had mine have had all the problems mentioned in this forum which I don’t think Fitbit follows, most of them have been resolved except the stair flights

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a back button somewhere I don't see? all I see is two on the right and one on the left!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you gone into your Advance Settings and turned the location on?

--
*Chekesha*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried EVERYTHING! Can not sync with my Galaxy S5 phone. Can sync with my
Galaxy S2 tablet.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same phone and haven't been able to sync to it.  Getting tired of trying all the suggested ideas over and over again.  My Charge HR, synced to this phone with no problems.

Best Answer

It's getting beyond the joke now I've been unable to sync since Thursday non of the troubleshooting fixes it and where are the fitbit helpers on here? I thought they monitored the forums all the time? They just don't care at all. I have a £300 piece of 💩 on my wrist  fed up now I can't return it as it wasn't purchased directly from Fitbit. Going to try and sell it to some other mug. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Willow,

perhaps create anew thread asking for help otherwise things get buried in longer ones like this.

Also whats phone do you use?

Barry
Best Answer

@willow71uk wrote:

It's getting beyond the joke now I've been unable to sync since Thursday non of the troubleshooting fixes it and where are the fitbit helpers on here? I thought they monitored the forums all the time? They just don't care at all. I have a £300 piece of 💩 on my wrist  fed up now I can't return it as it wasn't purchased directly from Fitbit. Going to try and sell it to some other mug. 

There are moderators around, and the most awesome community freely helping each other when desired in spare time voluntary (not being paid for since our own choice). Though being in different time zones, and being with so many awesome users in the community, it may be tricky to reply all questions.

Posts can be missed when being posted in a thread which the question been solved or posted in a huge thread.

If the question is especially about  something else than the thread original question, best to post a new question in the relevant section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Best Answer