Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wi-Fi downloads

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 4/21: This issue has now been resolved.

The issue where users were unable to complete Wi-Fi downloads on their Ionic has been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience as our team worked toward this resolution. I will now be closing this thread to help keep the community tidy. 

If you are still experiencing any issues when attempting a Wi-Fi download on your Ionic, I recommend checking out the resources detailed in this article

Thanks again all! 

Hi all. 

We have recently identified an issue that may affect some users when attempting a Wi-Fi download on Ionic. 

If you are currently having trouble downloading music or updating your Ionic via Wi-Fi, please restart Ionic and try again. 

Our team is investigating what might have caused this issue and are currently working on a fix. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

I am having the same problem. Please let me know when it gets fixed. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding Ionic Wi-Fi downloads.

If you are experiencing this the best thing to try is a restart on Ionic and then try again just as the original post implies.

If this doesn't work I've seen other users having this sorted by restarting Ionic by pressing the three buttons at the same time. This is a factory reset. You could try this as a last resort.

Our team is investigating what might have caused this issue and are currently working on a fix. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Tried all this multiple times and nothing works. My clock disappear if I press any apps. When I tried to restart it for time number 20 or it will not turn back on. Totally dead! Any advice?

Best Answer

I tried again but same results....very frustrating to spend the $$ on this and not getting what was expected.....disappointing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally understand and what makes it worse is no further guidance from the company. My watch continues to have various problems. I removed it and was going to try and pair it back up. Now it can’t be found.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
a friend of my just purchased one and he was fortunate in that he was able to return it before he had to experience this....we are unfortunately stuck
Best Answer
I hope that this company will offer something like a replacement or repair. I will definitely not recommend this product to anyone but steer them clear!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, If I do a factory restart, will I lose my music that I have?

Thanks

Tom

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fit4Life2 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic. 

So, is your watch not turning on at all?

Have you tried the factory reset already? Go to your Ionic settings > About > Factory reset. 

@tmason21  I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided. Our team is investigating what might have caused this issue and are currently working on a fix. I will  keep you updated as more information becomes available. 

@Lisakim50 I hope you're doing well! You should receive a notification on your email every time someone posts on this thread. Make sure you are subscribed to the thread. You can check that by clicking the gear icon located at the top of the thread's screen.

@Crusaders69 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for your question. Yes, the factory reset will erase everything on the watch. Music, apps, clock faces, or anything you have installed o added to it. It will be as when you originally purchased it.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Nothing has changed with me watch. When can we start a dialogue about getting them fixed or replaced?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I went on the Fitbit website to get help...I was told to do a factory reset....mistake...not only is my watch now 100% useless but it caused my phone to freeze also...and the screen is now blank....waste of $$
Best Answer

Will the reset aloud the downloading to be complete or I will still have to download when the problem is fixed?

Best Answer

I have the same problems Tried the restart wont update losing time and wont sink with iphone

Best Answer
This is crazy. The only issue with mine is pulling up the exercise and coach icon. Everything else works. I ran today using my music app. I don't want to take the chance on losing all my music. Which, is what will happen with factory reset. Fitbit should have did a trail run with this.

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
From my experience, no it will not. But from the looks of things you just don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Santifitbit.  Appreciate the feedback but as purchasers of this product, which was not inexpensive, we feel we are being ignored.  An issue of this magnitude needs to be addressed by Fitbit Support on a daily basis, not an occasional repeat from days before.  People are frustrated and are quickly losing confidence in Fitbit's ability to put out a product that is reliable.  I am sorry to say that I own 4 different Fitbits as I have purchased new models over the last few years. I think this may be the last.  I tried to do the update once and it didn't work.  After reading through the discussions about the issues, I haven't tried it again because it seems to work okay from the version prior to the update just fine.  The new features look amazing but until everyone is raving about the update and its' ease of download and workability, I will not be giving it another try.  Used to brag about my Fitbits.  No longer. 

Best Answer

Very nicely worded and I totally agree!

Best Answer

I would recommend NOT installing the update. My ionic has not worked properly since I tried and the update will not install 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sold, I will not to factory restart. Hopefully, this will get worked out soon
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes