Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wi-Fi downloads

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 4/21: This issue has now been resolved.

The issue where users were unable to complete Wi-Fi downloads on their Ionic has been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience as our team worked toward this resolution. I will now be closing this thread to help keep the community tidy. 

If you are still experiencing any issues when attempting a Wi-Fi download on your Ionic, I recommend checking out the resources detailed in this article

Thanks again all! 

Hi all. 

We have recently identified an issue that may affect some users when attempting a Wi-Fi download on Ionic. 

If you are currently having trouble downloading music or updating your Ionic via Wi-Fi, please restart Ionic and try again. 

Our team is investigating what might have caused this issue and are currently working on a fix. I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58
I agree I have owned prior Fitbit’s as well with no problem. If the problem isn’t fixed soon I’m going to trash it and won’t ever buy again. I wasted a lot of cash so cut the loss and move on.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I now have a $300 watch that can’t even tell me the time!

Best Answer

My screen just did the same thing and I came to this forum to get answers.  Please try holding the left button and the right bottom button in until your screen resets.  It may not work the first time you do it but try to do it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

since resetting the ionic, i havent been able to copy any music at all. i think the same goes for the deezer music service.

I also have trouble with the 2.4ghz network.  I cant send anything across in a reasonable time.  Is there any chance we can have cable transfers, (the basic method you would expect to have)

Best Answer
I am happy to say that my ionic is back up and running properly...I had to factory reset it again and then followed the directions below from the Fitbit support team, and it worked!

“After a factory reset, it is necessary to pair again the watch. Please proceed pairing it by following these steps: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873#TW_Replacement_FBApp. Please let us know how it goes!”
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit in early December a great watch, decided to get fit and thought the direct feedback this watch was perfect.

Unfortunately after the last software update I have lost most of the features, reading in this forum it sounds like you may have identified a potential fault and you are working on it.

You say to restart the Fitbit, can someone tell me how to do that because at the moment I have an expensive watch that glows in the dark and not much more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold button on left and also the bottom right. It will reboot. Or explore
through the menus
Best Answer
I went to settings>about>shutdown and reset it..
Then had to reinstall it to my phone..
It still won’t calibrate or sync with my emails/text however
Best Answer

Thanks jmason21 I worked out the same but like you can't see texts o or emails hopefully it's a software issue and rectified in the next update

Best Answer
0 Votes
For the notification issue, I would check you have the notifications
enabled. In android swipe down and the click the sync service and click ok.
This should tell you if it's not serious right.

.also in the app go to device and then notifications.. change message type
back to WhatsApp, from SMS.

That's how I do it. I'm sure there's some other permission, but it normally
prompts you about it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since my Fit bit Ionic updated I have not been able to get notification from my phone, i was told to delete my device and set it up again now i can't even connect it to my phone at all. I'm so disappointed in my device i just bought in Feb. Please help nothing is working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great help....it worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Afternoon,

I am having problems putting music on my new ionic. I have set fitbit up on my pc , created a new playlist, I have Asked my fitbit to transfer but I get the message transfer with a tick. When I look into fitbit app on my pc for wifi, a message appears not connected to Bluetooth ( there is also no wifi showing ), please help as I am running the london marathon next weekend and would like music to help me along my way

Best Answer
0 Votes

@timdavlfc wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I am having problems putting music on my new ionic. I have set fitbit up on my pc , created a new playlist, I have Asked my fitbit to transfer but I get the message transfer with a tick. When I look into fitbit app on my pc for wifi, a message appears not connected to Bluetooth ( there is also no wifi showing ), please help as I am running the london marathon next weekend and would like music to help me along my way

Get a separate music player, because as the person above you said, putting music on the Ionic is hell. Don't put yourself through that right before a big marathon 😱😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
This sounds stupid but after putting the device lock back in, I have WiFi
back for music transfers and also the wallet function. Now alarms are not
working again. Give and take..... Still waiting on this new version of
the firmware. Fitbit fopar.... What else can I say, we need a quick update
pushed. How can such a superpower as Fitbit leave us all hanging, this is
their flagship device!
Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding the Ionic Wi-Fi downloads. Thanks for all the feedback and experience shared on this thread.

If you haven't done so already, please try the steps provided on the original post of this thread. This is something that is still being investigated. 

I don't have any updates as of now, but rest assured that once I have any I will be sharing them with you immediately!

Thanks for your patience. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted my device several times. The only options I've lost is the Fitness & Coach. After spend extra money to get my music downloaded, I really don't want to do a factory restart and lose my songs. Plus reading some of the horror stories of people doing the factory restart and being worse off. You guy's (Fitbit) have to have some idea on what is going to take place with the fubar situation.

Best Answer

Just got mij Ionic a week ago. I just love the fitbit app and how it tracks my heartrate and sleep patterns. A big bummer however was the wifi upload of music. I can ping the watch, but somehow during the wifi upload things tend to go wrong. In 1 week time I succeeded in uploading 5 songs from a 60 song playlist. I succeeded in replacing the playlist with a playlist with 1 song, hoping that it would be easier to add song by song, but no... I feel relieved hearing Fitbit is working on this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 4/21: This issue has now been resolved.

Just wanted to jump in here to provide a quick update. 

The issue where users were unable to complete Wi-Fi downloads on their Ionic has been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience as our team worked toward this resolution. I will now be closing this thread to help keep the community tidy. 

If you are still experiencing any issues when attempting a Wi-Fi download on your Ionic, I recommend checking out the resources detailed in this article

Thanks again all! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer