Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Won't Update - Firmware Bug - Hours and still not loaded.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying for hours to update to latest Ionic Firmware. Chat with Fitbit produced nothing but frustration. Chat agent working several customers at once and took forever to give me nothing but grief. I love this Ionic and wear it 24/7. Chat Agent had me reset it to start again and now I've got no watch to wear. Unbelievable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Mine recently died too.   It started acting up shortly after either a firmware update or a watchface update, both of which occurred fairly close together.    After messing with it for 3 weeks, I did a factory reset and it went kaput.

It was still under warranty, so I received an offer for a free replacement, or 50% off another model.   I went with another model (Charge 3) since this was my second failed Ionic, and reading the forums, dozens (hundreds?) of others are having similar issues with both Ionic an Versa.   Charge 3 has the basic functions I want (activity tracking, heartrate, and sleep) without all the sizzle.   I figure simpler may be safer than sizzle.    I just want a fitbit that might last a few years, though I'm not holding my breath.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And if the Charge 3 fails early on, I will absolutely be moving to a different tracker vendor.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried 3 times to load the new Firmware and gave up after 8 hours of having it on the desk instead of my arm. Shut it down and now using what was on it. Seems to work for now. I did a little research and see that Fitbit earnings down significantly and stock is in the tank. Probably not long till someone buys them for the name and straightens this mess out.

Make It A Great Day!

Ed Wentz
Realtor
Life on Smith Lake Real Estate