Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wont Charge - Only Shows 0% Battery Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My Ionic ran out of battery, I have put it on charge but it only comes up with 0% battery and will not charge.

Things I have done:

1) Cleaned the connection

2) Tried another plug

3) Plugged it into PC

4) RESET IT WITH LEFT BUTTON AND BOTTOM RIGHT - This just makes the screen go blank and then pop up with 0% again..

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix it??? 

This is the 2nd time its happened in the month I have had it! I don't know how I fixed it last time..

Thank you

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

My iconic was over 50% charged at bedtime. Zero next morning. No app screen, no swiping. I have tried all the fixes that it allows me to do. Zero work. Last Fitbit product I buy.  Now I get why they are number 3 in sales.  2nd product that died on me.  Will not be a third.  I will be closing my account.

Best Answer

Welcome back @SunsetRunner. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you tried and the details mentioned. Sorry to hear that this has happened to you. 

If you would like to continue troubleshooting this, please confirm that you've tried restarting it and fully charged it. If this doesn't work, I can create a case on your behalf with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same happened to me last time I had this issue. I thought it was a coincidence, and perhaps I'd just been too impatient and contacted them too soon. However, I've just done it again, and the second they say they're going to have a look at my account the blue screen comes on. The agent now says he can see it's currently charging. Well yes, it is now

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Strawberry_Gem. I'm glad to hear that your Ionic started charging. Hope you can continue enjoying it and reaching your exercise goals. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When factoring in my wife and kids, this ionic is easily my 10th Fitbit.  They keep breaking (outside warranty period) but Fitbit keeps giving me a 25% discount on a replacement upgrade.  I’m not even going to ask anymore.  This was constantly not syncing, not connecting, and now is stuck at 0%. Very frustrating

Best Answer

Exact same thing just happened to me. I bought an Ionic back in July for about $200!!!!!!!!!! I've never had an issue with any FitBit I've owned. Alta 2, Charge 2, Charge 2 HR, and now the Ionic has crapped out. 

Very frustrated as I use this every single day. Not only do I use it but I track my numbers in a spreadsheet every day. Battery was at about 50% plugged it in to charge. It was presumably charging for about a half an hour. I take it off and the screen is blank. Nothing I do can get the screen to come back on. No combination of holding buttons made it turn back on.

When it's plugged in the charger it will turn on. But only for a brief period of time and shows it's "charging" but won't get passed 0% and restarts all over again. Pretty pissed off, I spent a lot of money on this and have been using FitBit for a while now. 

Best Answer

I called customer support once I told them all the possible solutions I had attempted they said my fitbit was dead and sent me a 25% discount code towards a new one.  I've been wearing a fitbit of one kind or another since their debut, and I've collected just about every badge they have.  But in my experience they continue to die after about a year.  It's frustrating to say the least.  This time I am trying an Apple Watch.  The battery life isn't near as good, but I suspect it will last longer before I am on the line with customer support.

Good luck!

Best Answer

I'm using Fitbit Ionic since January 2018. My wife has IWatch 4 and I could compare both. So far, (until April-May 2019) I was completely satisfied (75%) with Fitbit. One of the best features was long battery time ( 3-4 days).

Since May battery life started falling to 20 hrs, now it's less then 12 hrs (from 100% to famous 0%).  Installation of the last update was terrible experience and did not help at all. I did all possible tricks to improve efficiency of charging - doesn't work. It looks like contact charging (vs non-contact, like IWatch) failed. 

I would suggest that Fitbit provide us with battery exchange option and/or make a mass recall of the watches, if they want to keep loyalty of their customers.

Best Answer

I had my 5th ionic fail last week. That was about 18 months after original purchase. I have had 3 warranty replacements and had a discounted one too.

I decided to ditch Fitbit and took a bite out of the Apple Watch. I’ve had it for a week and it is already failing. It is constantly “scrolling” on the screen and therefore I can’t access app and the battery lasts 7 hours maximum.

I’m considering other options. Garmin?

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.

Things I have done:

1. cleaned charger

2. cleaned back of ionic

3. tried different plugs

4. reset by pressing all 3 buttons 

5. reset by pressing only left and bottom right buttons 

6. reset by pressing left and top right buttons 

7. reset by pressing only right hand side top an bottom

8. grown frustrated with this...,

I would appreciate any guidance as to what else I can do.  

Best Answer

it is sad... the notifications are spotty at best, it just does not sync good.  but many when you put down $200 for a product, you want a little more out of it

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a small oval groove around the charging contacts on the back of the watch. Mine fills up every few months especially if I am outdoors a lot. A normal cleaning of the back of the watch won't help. You need to take a pointy object such as a pin or needle and get into the groove around the charging pins. You will see that carefully dragging the pin through the oval groove will dislodge packed in debris. Once you can see the groove is empty, try the charging cable again.

Thanks,

Roy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Throw it away and get a apple watch or galaxy watch😄
Best Answer

Same with mine...was there a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dumped the watch. Using G shock now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried a full reset?
Also, I cleaned the battery attachment point with a needle as there was a build up of “stuff” to limit the contact with the charge point.

I have had this error with 3 ionic.
The full reset worked sometimes but I have had to replace in warranty twice. No issues for the last 2 years.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a small oval groove that surrounds the two charging pins. This groove gets filled with debris/dirt and prevents the charging cable from making an electrical contact. You need to clean the groove out with a sewing needle, tooth pick or other pointy object.

I got as Sense for Christmas; it has 4 electrical contacts now but has the same problem with charging due to dirt.

Hope this helps.

Roy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the reset won't work. It just keeps flashing the 0% battery image. The
charging dock is clean. It's something wrong with the fitbit itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The charging dock is clean. I don't think its an actual charging issue.
After 2 days of it not being on the charger it still flashes the 0 battery
image. It has power. I don't understand why it won't reset.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would look to get a swap/exchange

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes