Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Wont Sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my watch for about a month now and sporadically it has had syncing issues.  I have looked this up on the community but never found if there was a solution.  I have restarted more than 3 times, disconnected from my phone, shutdown the device, restarted the app on my phone, charged the device to full power.  its getting to the point where even though I love the device I am looking for another device to replace this fitbit.  seems like a $300 waste.  

Is there a solution to this syncing issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Following..same issue. I think I should just stick with my basic trusty Garmin!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know you said you have restarted the app, but have you done a complete uninstall and reinstall of the app?

Have you tried telling the phone to "forget" the Ionic and then adding it back on to your Bluetooth?

Are there any other Bluetooth devices around when you tried to sync?  If there are, this may be part of the issue.  Please turn off the Bluetooths or remove them from the area.

Have you done a reset of the Ionic?  How about a hard reset?

Is it on the latest firmware?  You can check this by going into the app and tapping the small picture of the Ionic in the upper right hand corner of your screen.  It should be on version27.32.4.19.  If it is not up to date, I would suggest updating your device.

Is the app up to date?  Again, if it's not up to date, I would suggest updating the app.

What OS do you have?

I know I'm asking a million questions, but I want to make sure that you have all the latest specifications, which will hopefully make things easier.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I have done all of these. The problem resolves  but then 2 days later back to not syncing and back to doing all these steps. It's a bummer since I like the device when it's functional.

Best Answer

I know you said you have restarted the app, but have you done a complete uninstall and reinstall of the app? Yes

Have you tried telling the phone to "forget" the Ionic and then adding it back on to your Bluetooth? Yes

Are there any other Bluetooth devices around when you tried to sync?  If there are, this may be part of the issue.  Please turn off the Bluetooths or remove them from the area. Both Yes and No

Have you done a reset of the Ionic?  How about a hard reset? Yes

Is it on the latest firmware?  You can check this by going into the app and tapping the small picture of the Ionic in the upper right hand corner of your screen.  It should be on version27.32.4.19.  If it is not up to date, I would suggest updating your device. Yes it is

Is the app up to date?  Again, if it's not up to date, I would suggest updating the app. Yes it is

What OS do you have? Android

I know I'm asking a million questions, but I want to make sure that you have all the latest specifications, which will hopefully make things easier.  Thanks for your post

Best Answer

Thanks for visiting the Forums @Atticusfavs327 @RunfarATX

@RunfarATX Thanks for sharing your inquiry, in order to further assist you I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf. Keep an eye on your email inbox for the next steps, let me know how it goes. 

@Atticusfavs327 I noticed that you have an open case wit the Support Team, if you're still having trouble please reply to the last email that you've received from them and provide all these details so they can further investigate. Keep me posted! 

@DramaQueenDiva Thanks for your help! 

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer