Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic XL Wrist Bands?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Ionic have XL (greater than 8.1")  wrist bands available like the Alta HR?

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Its in stock

Best Answer

I don’t wear an xl but fitbit’s response to thinking a wristband that is too small will satisfy the size needs for someone with an xl wrist is seriously disapponnting and other people chiming in to not worry wait for third party is plain ol annoying. 

Fitbit did not think outside the box on this one and that shows their lack of desire to satisfy the needs of all of their customers.  I wanted to buy this for my husband. Now I can’t and won’t.  

Best Answer

Same here.  Would like to buy it but I don't want to wait for a 3rd party to come out with a XL band.  Looking at the new Samsung smartwatch.

Best Answer

That looks very tight, and my wrist swell when it get hot. 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to Amazon, these are now on stock

Best Answer

The sizing chart on your website says that the large goes up to an 8.1 inch.
The XL on the blaze went up to a 9.1 in......

The XL band BARELY fits me, i know of some people that it doesn't fit. You guys need to create the XL band, so for those of us who want to upgrade, can upgrade without having to buy from a third-party person (How some people on etsy make extension clips for YOUR bands. In turn makes them make money off of YOUR product!)

Best Answer

Also, my friend bought a L, and it doesn't fit me.... so boom.

Best Answer

Wrong!  I have a Charge 2 in XL and the L on the Ionic doesn’t fit. 

Best Answer

Not in XL. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

There will be third party bands available. Just give it a little time. 

Edited to add: I just checked Amazon. Third party bands for the Ionic are available now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hawkyou wrote:

Not in XL. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

There will be third party bands available. Just give it a little time. 

Edited to add: I just checked Amazon. Third party bands for the Ionic are available now. 

I stand corrected, @hawkyou. Sorry. After an exhaustive online shopping search, it seems there are no XL Ionic bands available anywhere. As @Big-wrist mentioned, there is one listed online, but it has been out of stock for quite a while. You may want to keep an eye on that or, even better, write to the company to let them know there is a lot of interest in the XL band. 

In the meantime, the best way to communicate the need for an XL band to Fitbit corporate is to tap here and add your vote to the "New Feature" request for an XL band for the Ionic. The request already has over 70 voted. The more votes, the better likelihood that Fitbit will respond. 

I realize this is not a solution. But it IS the best way to make your voices heard at Fitbit Corporate. In these forums, we are just Fitbit owners trying to help and encourage each other. 

Best Answer

It is really unfortunate that getting the XL band is so hard.  This is like a lot of other products in the marketplace whereby they cut out a growing segment of people.  When will FitBit learn that people are getting bigger and bigger - not smaller and smaller - if they were, then there would be FAR FEWER people needing a FitBit - - silly really - I guess I need to buy an apple watch - - maybe apple will come out with a scale too.

Best Answer

No bands available

Best Answer
0 Votes

do you have some experiences with third party bands? What brand, what size?

regards, Stephan

Best Answer
0 Votes

could anybody share some experiences with third party bracelets (brand, size)?

regards, Stephan

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a quick search and found this band, according to the seller, fits a wrist up to 9.4”. I’m not familiar with the seller, but they have a 5 star rating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found two bands on Amazon both of which didn't work for my husband.  Silicon one was still too short at 9.4 inches and the metal one with the magnetic catch is long enough but he couldn't get it over his hand to slide it on and it doesn't disconnect (except at the face where the band attaches to the face) which isn't a good way to put it on.  Gave up and sent everything back including the Fitbit Ionic.  Looking for another solution now.

Silicon up to 9.4 in

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076LXBTXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Metal magnetic up to  9.4 in but it is much longer than silicon one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773B1SK2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is. I could not put the blaze with the large band around my ankle. But the ionic will go around my ankle using the last hole on the band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Except the large band for the Ionic is still too small for us with larger wrists - mine measures 22cm around ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

They definitely need XL and XXL bands for the Ionic. My husband and I are wanting to purchase this model as we are new to Fitbit, but he needs a bigger band than the 8.1 inch of the large band. This may keep us from purchasing since we are planning on getting healthier together and using the Fitbit to track our info and make a little competition of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes