Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic XL Wrist Bands?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Ionic have XL (greater than 8.1")  wrist bands available like the Alta HR?

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Will come with a small & large set included to start @BigReb77, even accessory styles limit to 8.1 inches.

Large: 6.7" to 8.1" circumferenceLarge: 6.7" to 8.1" circumferenceSmall: 5.5" to 6.7" circumferenceSmall: 5.5" to 6.7" circumferenceDon't forget the "features and suggestions" section to make your voice heard - never too early to start.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

When I bought my Surge, I had the option (albeit on backorder) to get an XL wristband. My wrist measures greater than 9 inches around. Are there plans to release Ionic with larger sizes?

Best Answer

Same here. I have a 9.1" wrist circumference, and would like to update to the Ionic. I've sent them an email asking about an XL band, and will let you know what reply I get.

Best Answer

Hey folks! There is a feature suggestion for Ionic XL bands that I would recommend you all go ahead and vote for (if you haven't already) - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Ionic-XL-Bands/idi-p/2163398

I voted for it too, since I think it's important. 

Best Answer

My husband wants to upgrade to the Ionic.  Currently wears the Surge XL.  I really hope this will become an option.  Unfortunately there is no way to try it on unless you purchase it.

I will follow the link and vote.  Thx!

Best Answer

Hi everyone -- Ionic is not available in XL as we designed the Ionic large band so it meets the needs of most wrist sizes, including someone who previously might have been an XL.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I printed out the Ionic size guide and tried to get it around my wrist. The ends would not meet.

Best Answer

The L band does not cover the same size as the XL band on the Blaze, which accommodates up to 9.3" inch wrists.  Once again, we see a manufacturer cutting out a part of their customer base at a time when even Apple have realised they can increase sales by producing at least one XL band.

I suppose the only workaround for people like me is to cannibalise the small band that comes in the box, by cutting the buckle part of the band to a length and width that will allow us to use it as an extender.

Best Answer

Oh, and the reply from Fitbit Support....

Hi Paul,

We hope you're doing wonderful today, and we're more than glad to address your inquiry regarding the sizing of our Fitbit Ionic. Your clarity and satisfaction remain our top priorities.

It's exciting for us knowing you're interested in our latest watch, the Fitbit Ionic. In regard to your question, after carefully researching, we found that large bands comfortably cover the needs of those who purchased extra large bands. Fitbit Ionic comes in size small and large, however, the design of the large bands for Fitbit Ionic was created in a way that would fit most wrist sizes, including those who previously used an XL band.

Paul, we remain at your disposal if you have any other question or concern, do not hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

Fitbit Team

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol. That makes no sense. 

I don't even need a xl band and this irritates me. 

It does not fit most people who need xl bands if it doesn't go above 8.1in. 

Why is it it so hard to make a additional band in a longer size ? Even if it was a accessory only purchase. It's better then nothing 

Best Answer

How is a band at 8.1 max supposed to fit what a band at 8.1-9.3 fits ?

Must be some new math. 

Offer an XL and I will order one. 

If not I guess it is an Apple. 

Best Answer
I was already looking at a Huawei watch when this came along. Now I'm still
looking at a Huawei.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is unexceptable, I guess fitbit only want skinny people buying this NEW product. For this price, I can buy an Apple watch with twice the features.

Best Answer

There will be third party bands available. Just give it a little time. 

Edited to add: I just checked Amazon. Third party bands for the Ionic are available now. 

Best Answer

I have difficulty imagining wrists that big. My problem is the other end of the scale. I only just fit a small band done up to the last hole lol. I thinknthe Ionic will look HUGE on me. But I am sorley tempted! 🤣

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

What a bummer.  I also printed out the sizing tool and it doesn't come close to meeting in the center.  I have the XL Charge 2 and love it was hoping to move to the ionic, but I guess not, again a bummer.

Best Answer

@supps wrote:

What a bummer.  I also printed out the sizing tool and it doesn't come close to meeting in the center.  I have the XL Charge 2 and love it was hoping to move to the ionic, but I guess not, again a bummer.

Just give it a month or two, there were aftermarket bands for the Blaze available shortly after it was released, I expect nothing less for the Ionic.

Best Answer

The band is 8.1 where a xl is 9.3 inches. So what you're saying is not true.  

Best Answer

Assuming the bands are interchangeable, why not buy a third party band at less than half the price? I also have large wrists and am wearing an Alta HR...with a third party band and it works just fine.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer