Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic added an activity tracked in Qatar and I live in USA.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • My Ionic steps just jumped from 11600 to 22600 (approximately). I’ve looked in the app and it shows I just ran 4 miles in Doho, Qatar. I live in Iowa, USA. Is this why my Ionic is so screwed up?  It’s been gaining 20 hours sometimes which is probably Qatar somewhere. It appears my email address or account is being mixed with someone else’s.  Is this why I have to keep resetting my watch over and over. Because the Fitbit database has me mixed with another user? I wonder if they are also having problems and also if Ike been getting mixed up with other users. Fitbit needs to do something about this breech now!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I just looked at my history and had the exact same run appear on August 31 in Qatar. That’s on the other side of the world. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this happen to me, you have to go into your profile (account settings then authorized devices), find all devices that are signed into your account and remove all except your phone. Seems someone gets sneaky and uses the same ID and updates your activities. Although mine was from Russia (they earned me the Russia Railway badge) not Qatar.

Just added another activity during the same time marked it as driving and all of those steps I did not earn were removed... 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

Thanks, I will try this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After deleting all my other devices, the Ionic is still getting set to another time, losing data and being deleted from the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jdsenter Thanks for your input. 

@IonicIronic Hi there. Thanks for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting performed. 

It's odd what you experienced. I see where your disappointment is coming from. I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team, please continue the communication with them, this to avoid any confusion. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes