Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic & Bluetooth with Galaxy s5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If, the Ionic uses the Wi-Fi connection to sync, why do I need to pair it with the android using Bluetooth?

Now, my S5, is up-to-date on up dates. The Fitbit app was just down loaded. I purchased the Ionic on Friday and it will not show up on the phone under the Bluetooth devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have an S5 and Ionic and, yes, the Ionic is shown on the phone under Bluetooth as a paired device.  There is nothing special to turn on on the Ionic but it has to be Set Up properly according to the instructions I sent you earlier.

If you continue to have trouble, contact Customer Support and they can walk you through the process.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

The Ionic uses Bluetooth for syncing, not WiFi.  Your Ionic has not been successfully paired with the S5 so you need to follow the directions for Set-Up HERE.

Best Answer
For the phone to find the Ionic, is there something I need to turn on in
the settings of the ionic? Cause the phone is not seeing the device. Or
will it even show as connected?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an S5 and Ionic and, yes, the Ionic is shown on the phone under Bluetooth as a paired device.  There is nothing special to turn on on the Ionic but it has to be Set Up properly according to the instructions I sent you earlier.

If you continue to have trouble, contact Customer Support and they can walk you through the process.

Best Answer