Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic and Galaxy Note8 bluetooth issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the upgrade to Android Pie on the Galaxy Note8 I have constant problems with bluetooth sync. When trying to sync the Ionic with the phone it constantly says "Problems with bluetooth" and ask me ot restart bluetooth. I've done everything I can restarting devices and and bluetooth but the problem remains.......

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @HansEriksson, welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for sharing all of the steps that you have tried to solve the syncing issues with your Samsung Note 8. It is very possible that this is happening because the Galaxy Note 8 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app is not fully optimized to work with that phone.

There have also been several recent updates to the app, which could've caused further incompatibility issues. It is possible that it can work as long as the phone fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, but we cannot guarantee it. If you haven't, some users have mentioned that following the steps in this article has helped them when using phones that aren't on the list. Maybe you could give it a shot.

In this case, we suggest trying with a compatible device to confirm that the Fitbit Ionic is working fine.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I had a problem with my Fitbit Ionic and had to reset back to manufactures settings.

Now I cannot re sync back to mu Samsung Note 8.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app and have removed all devices from my Bluetooth list, but am still having issues, can any on help???

In reading this thread, notice that it was mentioned that the note 8 is not a supported device, where was I meant to be told about this prior to buying the Fitbit Ionic????? if I had of know I might have purchased something that does support the Note 8.

Why can you not support the note 8????

Best Answer
0 Votes