Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Music storage is a fab feature for me, but only once there is support for Spotify. C'mon, Spotify, make it happen!

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

Not forgetting Amazon Unlimited... Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

I really hope they manage to make a deal with Spotify. Pandora is US-only and by far the worst option for a world-wide product. 

Best Answer

I'd love to have Spotify on Ionic!

Best Answer

Nor Australia, Pandora service was withdrawn a couple of months ago

Best Answer

I would love to have apple music.

Best Answer

Hi, all.  There did not yet seem to be a Feature Request to add Spotify integration to the new Fitbit Ionic, so I have added one.

You can vote for this feature request here.  The more votes, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I would think Spotify can use the SDK kit just like any other developer if they want it on the Ionic.

Best Answer

Spotify has a much larger user base abroad. It seems Fitbit keeps being US centric which is really frustrating.  I would have expected something be announced for those of us in the UK being priced up from the USD price anyway...

Best Answer

That's a big one for me. Spotify and I'm in. 

Best Answer

Google music support and you have my money!

Best Answer

I wonder if it would be possible to open the Spotify app on your phone with the Ionic connected via Bluetooth and have your music play through your phone that way?  That's what I have to do with my current smartwatch.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Pandora doesn't work here in the UK either which is a shame. I have my fingers crossed for Spotify 🙂 

IONIC 🙂 Alta HR (retired) / Flex 1 (retired) / Android S8
Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva, if you have your phone with you, then obviously it doesn't matter whether Ionic has Spotify or not!

@Rig, if you haven't already done so, yu might want to vote for, or comment on this feature request to add Spotify as a built in app for Ionic.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Apple  music app or the whatever native app we are using.

iPhone 7 Plus ios11.1 Samsung, Sense, Ionic
Best Answer

For me this post shows clearly why Apple is taking market share. With Apple, every provider wants to be there, but not with Fitbit. A bit sad. I also think that Spotify is the gold standard these days.

Best Answer

Spotify has 60 million paid subscribers, Apple Music has 27 million. Not certain, but I think they are #1 and #2 for streaming music.

And the music industry demands restrictions on streaming services, so that means you don't own the mp3 file and can't load them on any device you want.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

For the record,  I've waited years for fitbit to finally come out with a watch that supports my premium spotify account.  I have waited patiently a long time to be able to leave my phone in the car.

1.  I will be cancelling my premium spotify service was my fitbit Ionic arrives.

2. I don't want to.

3. Many of my friends whom subscribe to spotify are ordering the fitbit ionic and are moving to Pandora unfortunately...

4. There are TONS of us whom workout out daily and live for our playlist.  All of us will be moving to Pandora,  and the bad part is,  if we like it,  we probably won't come back to spotify.   I would really put this message out there to the higher ups,  because this is going to cost spotify more than you think..

I love my spotify,  but I like the luxury of working out with my playlist downloaded into my watch better.  And MP3's won't cut it,  too much work...   Get with it guys..

Best Answer