Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247
Pandora is US only...probably the weakest player among them. They need
fitbit.
--
Manuel Wymann
Bachlettenstr. 76
4054 Basel
Best Answer

@johneric8, this is not a possible solution for international Fitbit customers as Pandora only works in USA (and Canada?). definitely not overseas.

I recommend continuing pressure on Spotify and Fitbit to make a deal.  As a start, I recommend voting for this feature request to let both Fitbit and Spotify know there are plenty of customers who want to see this implemented,

It does seem a shame that the Ionic is launching without ANY streaming service for users outside North America.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Julia_G: Yeah, I'm a little concerned that functionality and services for Europe-based customers looks to be a little thin on launch.

Some examples relevant to me: No popular European music streaming service. No info on which German banks and merchants are going to support Fitbit Pay. A blood oxygen sensor which doesn't do anything yet. No open-water swim function.

As much as I'd like to pre-order an Ionic, the only real benefit over my Surge, for now, would be pool swim tracking. Not sure that justifies spending 350€.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

T-Mobile Tuesdays had a 90 Day promotion for Pandora's pay tier so I figured why not since I'll be forced to use it once I get my Ionic.

I'm really going to miss Spotify. I was hoping for a better product from Pandora especially after they acquired Rdio.

I'm really going to miss Discover Weekly and Release Radar. That said, offline music is that important to me. I'll be a Pandora subscriber if it's the only way short of uploading my own MP3s.

Best Answer
0 Votes

some people get grounded and dont have a phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Spotify premium and not pandora because pandora randomly turns on and basically just sucks. Also, will the Ionic have a speaker (supposedly the premium edition is supposed to.)

Best Answer

@ThomasHoefer wrote:

Also, will the Ionic have a speaker (supposedly the premium edition is supposed to.)

Nope, no speaker

Best Answer
0 Votes

pandora app is not available in Canada and never will be.  It was banned.  

So what other music option is available for Canadians?  Would love to see Spotify.  I preordered this watch but if I have no music option I will cancel my order, it was the one things that sold me on this watch.  Please help.

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Best Answer

I currently do this with my Fitbit Surge

Best Answer

You do what with your Surge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have songs playing through Spotify on my phone with my Surge and Bluetooth headphones linked to my phone I can skip through the tunes in Spotify using my Surge. However, the Surge's capabilities are very basic due to its age. I am hoping that I will be able to use Spotify with the Ionic.

Best Answer
Same here. In Canada, preordered and getting nervous.
Best Answer
One of the reasons I wanted this watch was so I would not need to have my phone on me when I go running.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

IMHO, that's very unlikely to get Apple Music given Apple has its own smartwatch offerings.

But I do hope Spotify will get onboard.

Best Answer

Yes I agree,

@WenDen wrote:
One of the reasons I wanted this watch was so I would not need to have my phone on me when I go running.

Sent from my iPad

it would be great to be able to be without my phone while I am doing all my fitness activities. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this is not a "solution". This says absolutely nothing. .

Best Answer

SlackerRadio!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in Denmark. 

As of now we have zero access to Fitbit pay, same goes for Pandora - nobody has mp3's is 2017 not 2007...

So what I'm wondering is; will I be able to get full access to all features or should I just keep my flex and buy another smartwatch that can deliver on their feature list? And I mean in a foreseeable future... Not "down the line"...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I live in Switzerland and am in the same position...pc to smartphone sync
is really last century...plus the expensive pricing of the ionic is holding
me from buying it...maybe fitbit decided to focus on America?
Best Answer

Also in Canada. Also wanting Spotify.  I have amazing workout playlists there.

Since I'm a blackberry passport user, my FitBit doesn't work with my phone, so running apps off my phone to my watch isn't a solution. 

Best Answer