Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

With you on this, @Astrupgaard. I'd simply like to know if and when we can expect certain services (Fitbit Pay, Spotify, Audible, etc.)

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

Doesn't Spotify just have to develop an app for the FitBit Ionic? They don't really need to make a deal with Fitbit for it.

Best Answer

If anyone from Fitbit or Spotify is listening,   the pandora app is horrible within the ionic,  it only lets you download STATIONS and not playlist..  So if you think you're going to design your own personal playlist with only songs you want to hear with pandora and then sync with your ionic I'm here to tell you it doesn't work.. I'm very very frustrated with this as well...   I would suggest that you guys get this working because I was spinning today while listening to my SCREAMO channel called (the devil wears prada) and freaking Fall out boy and Green day came on..  I about threw up.....     I turned off my pandora on my watch and went back to my custom playlist from my phone and streamed from my trusty spotify to my beats headphones...  #disappointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Or Apple Music ...

Best Answer

Hey Erick, any update on this subject?

I'd be happy to replace my garmin forerunner by an ionic.

BUT.

This cannot be at the cost of running without spotify.

If I still have to carry my phone with me to do so, I don't see the interest in buying a 3xx€ watch.

And going back to the 20-years old MP3 technology is not an option.

I understand their might be some legal and commercial reasons behind the lack of apps at this moment, but you might have some info to share with us regagarding this point?

Best Answer

Spotify support and you have about 20 of my Fitbit friends upgrading to Ionic!

Move on this soon Fitbit before you lose loyal customers to other smartwatches!

Best Answer

To add insult to injury,  I'm listening to spotify this morning on my PC and I see this pop up!!!   Thats it,  I'm sending my Ionic back for now...   I will be in touch with Amazon in the morning...

spot.jpg

Best Answer

Ouch....  🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh man. For one: harsh but i like it. And two: thanks for letting me know. I have spotify premium and want a smart watch other than fitbit (reason below).

@Fitbit Developers:

I have had way to many problems with your devices. So has my family. My family and I are fed up with malfunctions, failed connection attempts, unresposive displays, malfunctioning heartrate monitors, etc. Therr have just been too many problems that I for one am not wanting or willing to want to have to go through all of these again just so you guys can earn money. Great start on a smartwatch, but.... it isnt that smart. And the ones who made it should consider more customization for the display. Not just moving FitBit apps around. Also, i was looking forward to the release of the ionic but hearing all these reviews and "We are trying, we'll get back to you..." bull crap is just enough to make me ALMOST throw away my FitBit. I have android, FitBit seemed like a good choice for an android device. But seeing the constant have to resetup the device and get a replacement after 6 months... it makes me want the Apple Watch and in iPhone.... and i hate Apple with a passion. Samsung Gears were my number one choice to buy before i saw their prices. But if it has spotify and doesnt have problems as bad as FitBit... its worth it (money wise and literally).

Best Answer

Found a better solution, tired of waiting for some kind of sure info from devs I bought Samsung Gear Sport, comes with official Spotify support out of a box. 

Best Answer

As far as I can tell, Fitbit has acquired Pebble which had a plan to release Pebble Core with Spotify support.

So I am fingers crossed that Spotify will come to Fitbit Ionic one day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not inn any way a solution to the question asked....

Best Answer

How about now? Any update on streaming Spotify on the Ionic??

Best Answer

Spotify would have sold me. Going to have to go with Samsung Gear.

Best Answer

Please add this!! This is the only reason I have not yet purchased....

Best Answer

Fitbit you out there? ......crickets.....

@MichelleTerese wrote:

Please add this!! This is the only reason I have not yet purchased....

Best Answer

Spotify please!

Best Answer

Yassssssss^^^^

So much this right now!!!!

Come on Fitbit!!! We are all waiting to buy!!!

Best Answer

Any news on Spotify for the Ionic?

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Spotify on the Ionic is a must have.

You could do it in two steps :

1) Streaming from the phone including Spotify features such as like/dislike, radios, etc.

2) Manage local storage to get rid of the phone completely during exercises.

Best Answer