Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

Not related to issue of post regarding Ionic and Spotify. Similar streaming apps don't count. Focus, focus focus!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally, someone with a related post.  I wish it solved my issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, living in Europe and being a Fitbit user who never ever used any other thing like Fitbit,  I use Apple Music therefore Spotify is not a solution for me.I ask Fitbit to reconsider the streaming issue totally.Thansk a lot.

Best Answer

I agree. While Spotify is definitely a neat service provider in terms of music streaming - the issue as of right now is that there is no other solution outside of Pandora - which is US only? 

It's completely ridiculous. The ionic is hand on heart a huge letdown... My device does not auto register running which means that I lose a s***load of data on my runs and while playing and practicing soccer. On top of that the only solution to having music on the go is to transfer mp3's to my phone... Come on Fitbit!!! MP3's... What is this? 2001? So for now I actually have mp3 files On my device - took me well over an hour to transfer and I had to download Fitbit connect because the Fitbit app didn't work... 

I am stuck with this band and as such I'm doing all can to influence decision makers to get moving and sign relevant partnerships - if you need help I have done several large scale partnership agreements and I'd be happy to help you out - if for nothing else then for my own sake...

Best Answer

any updates on this or just playing playlist?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am wondering if the ionic has Spotify.

Best Answer

Spotify isn't on Ionic yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, but it does have Pandora.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Karu, thanks for stopping by!  My friend @Sparhawk69 is right, we are continuing to explore other music streaming options, but do not have any details to share at this time.

I'd recommend checking out our Feature Suggestion Board if you haven't already. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review.

I'd also recommend up-voting and commenting on Spotify for Ionic feature suggestion since it is very similar of what you're looking and asking for.

As @DramaQueenDiva mentioned, Ionic works with Pandora. Woman Very Happy If you want to try it, check this article to get more information about connecting your stations to your watch.

Let me know if there's something else I can assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does Fitbit actually realize that the United States is not the only place in the world!!!

Best Answer

Next time I hear from you Mr. ericfitbit you best have the real solution with Spotify added! Make it happen! 

Best Answer

This is corporate-speak for we have an exclusive deal with Pandora to force you to pay for their service and won't be changing their stance until they get a better deal with Spotify, deal time runs out with Pandora, or their fanbase revolts.

I'm pretty upset that this awesome device is tied to a service I have no intention of purchasing.  I can't even use the free service to at least stream on wifi.

Best Answer

Pandora does not work in Canada :canada: 

Best Answer

Pandora doesn’t work in Europe.

Best Answer

So Deezer is going to be the worldwide music provider... It's better than Pandora but hardly something that'll draw in the crowds. Wish I had known then some other company could've gotten my money...

Fitbit Ionic... The let down...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Astrupgaard wrote:

So Deezer is going to be the worldwide music provider... It's better than Pandora but hardly something that'll draw in the crowds. Wish I had known then some other company could've gotten my money...

Fitbit Ionic... The let down...

What are the other (primarily fitness tracker) options in this price range if you want, say Spotify?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Saying that you're exploring other streaming options to meet needs outside of U.S. users is absurd because U.s users don't use Pandora. Pandora sucks compared to all other streaming services and everyone knows that... Get with the program FitBit... I was going to buy an Ionic this week...Now I have to go buy an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

I don't care about Spotify specifically. But a lot of Android Wear have same or similar offerings at a lower or similar price point - add the app list and other connection possibilities and the Ionic is low on the list. 

Hopefully Fitbit will grow an ecosystem of developers or in other ways attract developer and gain some development traction but it's starting to feel like this is a Windows phone case...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Judging by the fact that today’s news says that Fitbit paired with Deezer we may never see Spotify:(

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GregZ wrote:

Judging by the fact that today’s news says that Fitbit paired with Deezer we may never see Spotify:(

Is it an exclusive deal? Really hope not 😕

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes