Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

@GregZ

Go to Spotify and vote for the Ionic app. That's the only way you're going to see it. Fitbit isn't going to develop an app (nor should they be responsible to.) 

Vote HERE.

Get the word out...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit.

We have had some good and motivational moments. We have travelled the world and smashed friends i step—compititions and distances. However, I think its time for me to move on. I first met you with Charge, then surge, later Blaze and now Ionic. I was going to buy another smartwatch instead of the Ionic but you promised me a smartwatch with music memory and usable in water. So I waited and got the Ionic. But, you didnt deliver. To play music, I could not use my Spotify account, I have to use Pandora, which is not possible in Norway. Nor can I use calander apps outside of Fitbit.

Im sorry Fitbit, its not me, its you 😖

I cannot use you as I hoped, so I need to move on.

Best Answer

This is my issue.... why can't I at least use my free account on Pandora to stream like usual?

The Ionic is not such a widely purchased device that it could drive Pandora subscriptions.... and whatever amount Pandora is paying fitbit for exclusivity can't be worth the negative backlash. I have several friends who are runners who aren't upgrading their device because of this one issue. It's consumer unfriendly and builds negative goodwill. 

Best Answer

Yes,  fitbit has lost tons of my friends based on adopting Pandora instead of Spotify.......   They completely and utterly missed the mark with not giving the spotify enthusiast some info on when it can be expected and if ever?    Quite honestly it's one of the biggest mess ups I've ever seen with a big company!  There is not way fitbit should of released a watch advertising that you can download your custom playlist when in reality it really doesn't work on how 90% of the buyers expected.  There is a very small percentage of users that still use MP3's because of the new subscription services that are so much better...  It really seems like the ionic is behind the times here and teaming up with pandora makes them look utterly cheesy unfortunately..

Best Answer

Yeah,  having Spotify app is a game changer.  Not sure if I am going to keep without it.

Best Answer

I do not use iTunes nor pandora(they charge too much) but i use spotify 

please get this going

pls

Best Answer

I do not have win 10 pc or MacBook.  Can I transfer music from iTunes on iPad or iPhone to Fitbit ionic 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would LOVE spotty! Please please please! Pandora is not great....

Best Answer

Please work out something with Spotify it's the best for instructors and fitness leaders. All playlist are created in Spotify.  

Best Answer

I agree.  The music feature is one of the main reasons I purchased the Ionic only to discover the device is primarily Pandora/library compatible.  Disappointing... A Spotify app or multiple streaming options would be a vast improvement.

Best Answer

Any chance that if I purchase the ionic, I can just do a software update in order to have Spotify available? Or will the feature only be available in newer models? 

Best Answer

This is most likely going to be available in a software update. Partnership with Deezer is already scheduled so I guess Spotify will follow shortly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

please add spotify! I am not using pandora because it is silly that a premium account is required & the transferring music is not great for those of us who use spotify. now, i basically don't use the music function and i wish I could!!

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Best Answer

YES PLEASE!

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Not forgetting Amazon Unlimited... Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@darkrider We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

Hi there, 

Any new information regarding spotify being integrated ? 

Best Answer

won't let me use my free pandora account. Only optionnis to upgrade to their subscription service

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will buy one if Spotify becomes an app. Otherwise I'll have to look elsewhere for my smartwatch/fitness tracker.

Best Answer

Ye nah, there no connection to Spotify, they only have Pandora which is available only in the US 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleted by edit because 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer

I just got the Ionic for my Birthday. I really live the music storage, but disappointed 😥 to find out it's not compatible with Spotify. Any updates regarding when they will partner up. 

Best Answer