Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

If everyone sends theirs back they will then do something.  Me and my friends sent ours back

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might need to strap that thinking cap on a wee bit tighter mate.

Why on Earth would it matter that you and every other Ionic owner returns your product? Especially if a deal with Spotify is so expensive that it diminishes the profit margins? Have you ever negotiated deals with billion dollar companies? I have and they in no way altruistic with their products or services. And since the only demand for a Spotify app comes from the existing customer base of Spotify they would see no net customer adds and since there are so few who are taking the fight to Spotify, they can act however they please.

If Spotify is so withholding with releasing their API, or just developing an app for the Ionic then let Spotify bleed for  it. In absolutely no way is their product unique, but they have a critical mass and that critical mass is what they use to pressure potential partners. 

if you want Spotify on your Fitbit device, then don't return your Fitbit, cancel your Spotify account. Show Spotify that it pays to play - but killing products by returning them because "too big to fail" businesses are reluctant or unwilling to make mutually beneficial deals is absolutely not the way to use your buying power - neither long nor short run

Best Answer

Please get spotify. Or a way to download any app the user wants. 

Best Answer

Let's gets this app on our watch already, seriously.

Best Answer

You could go over to the "Feature Suggestions" board and post your idea there.  That is where the engineers hang out, so if they like your idea, they may pick it up and develop it.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

As discussed in other threads, its up to Spotify and not Fitbit to get the app.  I'm a Spotify premium user and hope that someday Spotify will write an app for the Ionic.  The problem, Ionic didn't sell as well as expected and therefore, Spotify will probably not spend the money on  building and then the upkeep to produce the app.  

Best Answer

I also want Spottily Premium for this also... It's a shame the music here is very limited.. I do not buy individual songs anymore.  I can try out Pandora i guess, there is no other option... but Pandora isn't really good for making playlists, rather its good for discovering new tracks 😕

Best Answer

I would GLADLY leave Apple Music and switch back to the Spotify family plan If I had a Spotify app for my Ionic.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out Apple will never provide a solution for the Ionic.  Thank you Spotify for matching the Apple family plan price.  An Ionic app is all I need to say “bye Felicia” to Apple Music and come back home to the superior Spotify platform.  I beg you Fitbit... make this happen with Spotify.  I can’t stomach another $13/month for pandora.  

Best Answer
We got the Spotify Music Converter as suggested by another poster. It
works great. Much happier now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you know where I can find the converter? Don’t see it on Fitbit apps?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

If Spotify was to create an app for the ionic would it be on all Fitbit smart watches. E.g the versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Almost seven months later do you have any news to share about Spotify yet?

Best Answer

Do you expect to see any updates regarding this topic any time soon?

Best Answer

Is there any word on Spotify a steaming app or anything coming to the Fitbit Ionic, so I can download a playlist to my phone and then just use my watch to play?
I'm Australian and only use Spotify to listen to my music and still am super shattered and disappointed  that I can't just download a Spotify playlist onto the watch. Sounds simple enough but i'm sure it's not.. But you know... It just makes too much sense to not be a thing by now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've not seen anything at all from fitbit on this. Not sure if it would be fitbit or spotify to make it happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry but "NOT YET" doesn't count as "SOLVED" to the question "When will you have spotify integration?"

Best Answer

Any chance of getting Spotify on the iconic? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Spotify-for-Ionic/idi-p/2171901

You should like and comment on this feature suggestion.

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just caved and bought a Samsung gear sport. It has Spotify, that's the only reason I'm veering away from Fitbit (sadly). 

Best Answer

Considering moving as well... I'm a big fan of fitbit devices... but the app support needs to be improved!

Spotify would be amazing on the ionic.

Best Answer