Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic and app keeps forgetting the Wi-Fi password

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

since the new update, my Ionic watch can’t connect to WIFI anymore and probably also lost connection with Bluetooth.

I checked it in my watch: ‘settings’ - ‘about’ - ‘IP address: Wi-fi off’. So no WIFI signal reaches my watch. 

If I look in the app of My phone, I see that the connection is lost with my WIFI, again and again, because it ‘forgets’ my password of my WIFI every time. So if I give in my password of my WIFI in the app, and I check it in my watch: I see that my watch has back WIFI connection. 

If I go back to another screen on my watch, then, and after some seconds I check back my WIFI on my watch: the connection is lost again. 

I tried it a few times: it’s always the same... my app in my phone forgets my password of WIFI, so it’s logic that my watch looses WIFI contact too. And there is no synchronization anymore between both. 

Please help!! My watch is still under warranty (2 year in Belgium)

Sofie

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

I have a Fitbit Ionic since January 2018. It’s my 4th now, during my warranty of 2 years. I hope this one lasts much longer. Updates are dangerous!
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see you on the Community @Frodo007. It's good to hear that you're a swimming fanatic. 😀

I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. I would like you to confirm that you've done this procedure to add a Wi-Fi network to your Ionic

If you are but it keeps forgetting your Wi-Fi network, please restart your Ionic and add it again. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Problem solved, when I updated the Fitbit app on my smartphone.
I have a Fitbit Ionic since January 2018. It’s my 4th now, during my warranty of 2 years. I hope this one lasts much longer. Updates are dangerous!
Best Answer

@Frodo007 Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that after you updated your Fitbit app, you got it working. 

Keep on swimming 😎.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer