Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic and blood glucose monitoring?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to track blood glucose levels with the Fitbit ionic smart watch? 

Thank you.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

No there isnt, sorry.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read (in a magazine called Diabetes Forecast Feb. 2018) that Fitbit is working on pairing the Dexcom G5 Mobile continuous glucose monitor (CGM) on the Fitbit Ionic.  Does anyone know the status of that and when it will become available?  If and when, I would be interested in getting in on that technology.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jamie-ionic! Thanks for contributing in this topic my friends @spatin and @NellyGWoman Very Happy 

Please check this existing feature around monitoring glucose here. Fitbit has announced a partnership with One Drop. To get more information, go here.

Also, Fitbit announced a collaboration with DexCom to develop and market products to help better manage their diabetes and get a more complete picture of their overall health.

The first planned initiative will be an experience available on Fitbit Ionic that will show users data from the Dexcom G5 Mobile continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) System (with either Android or iOS devices) right on the wrist, without having to open an app. This will be developed using the Fitbit SDK and available this year (2018). The full announcement can be found here

Have a great day guys, let me know if there's something else I can assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply.  If Fitbit is looking for someone to be a "tester" for this device, I'd be willing to try it.  🙂

Best Answer

Thank you @spatinPlease visit fieldtesting.fitbit.com and create an account. Fitbit profile questionnaire will gather information that helps Fitbit identify the right people for various tests. If they are a fit, the'll be directly contacted by our Field Testing Team.

Thanks so much for your interest in this, hope you have a great day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Dear Patin,

Please let me know, also I am since more than 50 years Diabetic type 1 and it would be a great solution

if I can use this system and special on my age 83 which perhaps helps me for the ??? Future ???

I have also send some questions to Mr. James Park and the supportdepartment of FITBIT but up till

now without any result!

regards

@spatin wrote:

Thank you for your reply.  If Fitbit is looking for someone to be a "tester" for this device, I'd be willing to try it.  🙂

Ine Hegerhorst

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this something that someone that already purchased the Ionic will get with an update, or will a new ionic need to be purchased?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's my understanding that one of the sensors on the back of the watch is not being used, that would be utilized for this function, when it's up and running.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria, are there any timelines laid out for 2018 when the diabetes monitoring system will be added to the current ionic features. Also, is it correct as per one of the threads below that this will be available via an update on the existing ionic or would we need to purchase a new one? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria, 

following on from my previous question, where can I find the form to show interest for being a tester for the ionic diabetes function? Thanks 

Best Answer