Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery and GPS problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting increasingly inconsistent battery and GPS readings from my Ionic. This morning I started a run with the battery indicator showing 38% charge. 20 minutes into the run, using both GPS and Bluetooth headphones, the watch dies. I plug in it, and the battery indicator immediately shows 25% charge. Similar situations have occurred several times over the past few weeks.

As for the GPS, the watch has always understated distance in my area by about 3%, but that number is going up and is now more like 5-6%. I always set the GPS connection before I start my pre-run stretches to give the watch plenty of time to calibrate, and there are no overhead obstructions on my run route to interfere with the GPS signal.

The only thing I am doing differently lately is that I have switched from a pair of wired earbuds with one Buetooth antenna (which always required me to switch the watch to my dominant right hand, the earbud antenna being on that side) to a pair of true wireless earbuds with antennas on both sides and keeping the watch on my left hand.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I don't have any suggestions-actually came to the forum due to the same issues. My Ionic GPS has never been accurate but is increasingly off now. It is underestimating mileage by 75% or more rendering the function useless. I have been a long time fitbit user but am likely going to switch to Garmen and be done with this. The function and customer support just haven't been the same since the Surge was released. This GPS issue can be documented back on forums to 2017-it's been more than enough time for fitbit to have corrected it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes