Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery drains in several hours suddenly for no reason

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There seem to be several posts about this but nothing that has a solution for me.

My Ionic easily goes for 4 days. Excellent battery life.

For some reason now the battery drains in half a day sudddenly. I can literally watch the percentage drop. I charged it before I went to sleep yesterday and it was dead when I woke up.

I did a factory reset and it is still happening.

Is there any other solution for this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is my second dead Ionic in a little over 2 years. This one is now out of warranty.

I'm a 44 year old guy. I don't do anything crazy that would put wear and tear on the watch.

I am very disapointed that such an expensive watch seems to only last about a year.

It would be illogical for me to buy another Ionic to replace this one.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I'm afraid you did all you can do. If it is still under warranty I would contact support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check to see if you accidentally turned GPS tracking on.  That drains the battery in hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged it before I went to bed last night. Woke up and it still had 20% left.

I made a 4 minute timer for my morning coffee first thing and it never made it past the 4 minutes.

Now it's not charging at all.

The last one did not charge after 11 months and luckily I was able to get it replaced within days of the warranty expiring. 1 year later and this one is dead too so I am out of warranty. We live in a disposable culture when a $250 watch needs to be replaced every year and this is acceptable. Not happy about this.

Best Answer

My iconic is no longer keeping a charge, other people have mentioned the same problem and I'm really frustrated. I previously had a charge 2 and just 2 months past my 1 year warranty it stopped working. I then bought the more expensive ionic watch and now my battery drains within hours and takes hours to charge. I bought my current iconic just over a year ago. This is absolutely rediculous that I have to replace the fitbit brand watches so often because they arent lasting anything over a year and half. I was told they dont offer an extended warranty at the time I purchased the iconic, could this be because they know their product dont last long. I dont know? So now I am out of a fitbit once again and I will not put anymore money into this product as it's not worth it. $300 for a watch that last just over a year and after that your SOL. I think I will spend my money on another brand. Fitbit you have to do better! 😡

Best Answer

@Roger-R,

My GPS is always on. Has very little impact on my battery.

@bighugs, try another factory reset.

As an experiment you could also delete your Ionic from the Fitbit app to rule out a draining issue between the Ionic and the app. Leave it un-paired for several hours and observe the battery drain.

Best Answer

It was totally dead... I left it charging for a few hours.

Pushed the buttons a few times and it slowly powered up.

Did an about > factory reset again.

Now it's dead again... will leave it to charge...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still dead...It's been charging for over 8 hours.

Is there some magic button combination I can press to bring it back to life?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my second dead Ionic in a little over 2 years. This one is now out of warranty.

I'm a 44 year old guy. I don't do anything crazy that would put wear and tear on the watch.

I am very disapointed that such an expensive watch seems to only last about a year.

It would be illogical for me to buy another Ionic to replace this one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree @bighugs . I will not buy another Fitbit. I am extremely disappointed with their products

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here too. Because of they sent a new update and next day it was worst watch i ever had. I contact fitbit and they say , nothing they can do. Since its out of warranty. It was just few weeks run out of Warranty and they say only i can do is buy a new fitbit. They offer me 30% discount on next buy. Which is ridiculous. I am very disappointed with fitbit. My ionic  battery was 4-5 days no matter way i use it. But now, not even 36 hrs it last.My advice, dont buy fitbit. They downgrade u r warranty expired items and make u to buy new from them. No more on fitbit . Dont buy  

Best Answer
0 Votes