Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery is dead and won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all - ok so I plug in my Ionic and it says it is charging but the battery amount never goes up.  I started this when it was at 45% and it is now down to 25%.  I have left it charging for over an hour, tried all my different cables, tried to reset multiple times, just did a factory reset and am now pairing it again to my phone.  So far no luck.  Spoke with customer service and in order to get a new one I have to first send this one back to them - then they will "decide" if it is replaceable and THEN only give me a refurbished one.  New Ionic purchased from Fitbit directly in late March.  Second one - the last one died completely after 20 months.  Grrrr.  SOOO frustrated.  Anyone have this issue and have a "fix"???  I am really unhappy and have been a Fitbit user for YEARS.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @amyburr, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Since you already received assistance from our Customer Support team, I’d suggest you contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case. Also, for a better understanding of the information they provided to you, please check our warranty policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope not resolved at all.  Now my fitbit is dead and won't charge or turn on.  After only 8 months and a second chat with customer service they are still saying I will get a refurbished one only.  I am super disappointed in this situation.  This is obviously a common problem looking at the threads posted here.  Why would I want one that broke for someone else, was "fixed" and is now supposedly working??!!  Fitbit I am losing faith . . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amy - I am having similar issues with my Ionic not charging and I have tried everything up to uninstalling/reinstalling the app with no luck reconnecting to my device. The Ionic is not recognized by the app at all. Not sure what happened. It was fine when I went to bed and not working this morning. I too have been so disappointed in this watch. I bought it in April. It's my 3rd Fitbit and by far the most disappointing. I may need to make the leap to Apple Watch if a refurbished one is the only option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THEN only give me a refurbished one. 

What does that actually mean. These are sealed out of the factory. If the back is cracked open it is essentially stuffed. I guess you could shove a bit of super glue on it and hope for the best. Refurbished probably doesn't mean much more than old stock or a replacement band fitted. Perhaps display stock? I wouldn't be too concerned, as long as it works and isn't scratched.

Fitbit DON'T repair these devices. They are throw away when faulty.

Best Answer

Thanks @PaulMe - that is actually good information (that they don't fix - throw away).  Since this is my second Ionic that died I really assumed that getting one that had previously been found not working and was "refurbished" would simply die as well.  Maybe I will do this but as soon as this one dies I am moving on to a different brand.  

Best Answer
0 Votes