Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery life now so short it's almost unusable.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've always had 5+ days of battery life on my Ionic.  Don't know if it was a recent firmware update or what but in the past few weeks it's gone from 5+ days of charge to less than 2 days, and now this week, less than 24 hours.  I tired a factory reset, almost seems worse now.  Can't do a workout without the battery dying.  So much for logging my workouts.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@riddled Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear about this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Please try these suggestions to improve your Ionic's battery life.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree mine has went from lasting a week to not even 24 hours. Now constantly running out of battery, iv not changed any settings. Tried the factory reset but as you say think it’s worse🤬 come on Fitbit 

Best Answer

@Craigw80 I hope you're doing well.

Sorry to hear about this. Please try the suggestions in my previous post to see if this helps improve the battery life on your device.

See you around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been dealing with this issue also since my ionic was last updated. I have disabled auto screen, all notifications, all vibration, and am using a very basic watch face. I tried a factory reset with no luck. My device is less than a year old. I am convinced something was changed in the last update, as I used to get up to 7 days between charges before the update, and now it is less than 24 hours. Please fix this. 

Best Answer

I did much the same with no luck.  I've talked to a few other Ionic users who have the same issue all since the last firmware update.  I've ordered a new battery to see if it helps.  I'll report back the results.

Best Answer

I've followed your suggestion with marginal success.  I've gained minutes, not days (not even hours).  I've ordered an new battery and I'm going to attempt a battery replacement.  But this sure seems related to the last firmware update.  Hard to believe my battery died the same day as the patch was pushed.

Best Answer

@riddled  -  It could be a known Fitbit App problem. Before surgery try disabling the Bluetooth on the phone, charge the watch and see if that helps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This affects me too. Went from 7-day charges to dying overnight on a full charge. What's going on with Fitbit? Get this fixed even if you have to roll back that last update. 

Best Answer

Yes tried all the suggestions but no luck, contacted support team who could see remotely the way was needing charged daily.  Was offered 35% of a new Fitbit however I am annoyed I spent a good amount of money on the ionic expected it to last far longer! I won’t be investing in another Fitbit if they only last a few years! Very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything. My Ionic after the update went from 5-6 days to less than 12 hours. Fitbit needs to do a rollback on this last update. After 10 years of Fitbits only lasting 2-3 years, it is time to research alternatives. Love the FB but I am done with always replacing after only a few years. Way too expensive to not last. WTF 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Using original clock face and done nothing different but I am having same issue less than 2 days charge now.  How can it suddenly change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @REDSHELL1977 - as mentioned by @catu-ualos - what changed was the firmware update.

Are you on firmware  27.72.1.15  ?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If one has come out since my post? I would need to update it. I took it off and have not been wearing it because it does not last long enough to wear. I will do an update but have been wearing an old Timex because I am tired of spending 200 + every 2 to 3 years for watches.
Best Answer

Same problem, tried everything, but nothing works. Less than 1 day is not enough for me. I hope that the problem will resolved on short notice!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody!

Thank you for sharing your comments and for checking if your Ionic is running the latest update to improve battery life.  If you've already tried the steps suggested here: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? and Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer