Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic bricked while using wireless headphones

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Ionic for less than a week and I bricked it.  I was headed down to the gym to log my 3rd workout with this device.  I was going to listen to my headphone connected to my iphone to mitigate the gym grind but that is where the fail happened.  I put my Soundbud slims in my ear and powered them on and received the audible bluetooth connection.  I press play on my iphone and the sound came out of the phone, not my headphones.  I looked down and my Ionic no longer functioned.  I've tried hard reset, plugging it back into the the charger, the computer but still only get a black screen.  My only guess is that somehow my headphones paired with my Ionic which caused the brick.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi

When desired it's possible to contact the fitbit support team, they can be contacted from the official contact page.

Tell them what happened & what you've already tried to speed things up, it's up to them to decide. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Forums @rockstarsalvo

I totally understand your frustration to this matter. The Support Team is aware of this inconvenience and are currently  working to have it solved as soon as possible, your patience is gladly appreciated. 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your help! 

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
I was curious if I was the only one with a unique hardware issue or if this was a broader software issue. That is why posted to the community. I am a little disappointed that Fitbit didn’t ship me a new device. Now I have to wait for the device to travel across country, get repaired, and shipped back. But I did pre-order the device so I am used to waiting. I just hope it arrives in time to meet my companies step quota for the quarter.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the title change is more confusing. I was not trying to pair my headphones to the Ionic. I simply powered the headphones on an expected them to sync with already paired iPhone to play my music.  The Ionic’s role was just to log my workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rockstarsalvo,

Do you think you can explain what happened? It sounds like you connected your headphones to your phone. How was the Ionic involved.

@MaginB, what should we recommend people do about the issue?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
The headphones which had never been paired with the Ionic, made the audible connection sound, however it wasn’t to my iPhone. As soon as that connection sound was made the Fitbit screen went black never to return.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, twice now. 

@rockstarsalvowrote:

I have had my Ionic for less than a week and I bricked it.  I was headed down to the gym to log my 3rd workout with this device.  I was going to listen to my headphone connected to my iphone to mitigate the gym grind but that is where the fail happened.  I put my Soundbud slims in my ear and powered them on and received the audible bluetooth connection.  I press play on my iphone and the sound came out of the phone, not my headphones.  I looked down and my Ionic no longer functioned.  I've tried hard reset, plugging it back into the the charger, the computer but still only get a black screen.  My only guess is that somehow my headphones paired with my Ionic which caused the brick.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes