Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

FITBIT UPDATE 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

Calibration not working after update. Continues to fail calibration. I have it plugged in and laying flat. Ideas?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. 

Best Answer

@Hammafer @max42, try to do a factory reset to the watch, that should do the trick.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem. Factory Reset did not do the trick. Still not calibrating. Getting daily reminders to calibrate...
Best Answer

Thanks, tried it but didn’t work 

Best Answer

I'm also having this issue.

Best Answer

I have this same problem. 

Best Answer

Me too, getting notification to recalibrate every day.

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer

Add me to the list of folks that seem to be encountering this issue.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing! It keeps saying calibration failed ever since I did the update. Is there a fix? 

Best Answer

Exactly the same for me. Factory reset has not resolved the issue. 

Best Answer

This is the same for me, just done the update and it asked me to calibrate. I’ve tried it on every possible surface and it just won’t calibrate. Incredibly frustrating because now it probably won’t be as accurate when I go for a run tomorrow 🙄

Ionic, Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired)
Best Answer

Same problem. I try every time it asks me to and fails every time. 

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same problem, occurred immediately after the recent update.

Best Answer

Add another one. Same issue after upgrade. 

Best Answer

Any news on how to fix this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list.  Fails calibration after the update. Frustrated.

Best Answer

Add me to this list, my ionic is also not calibrating after the OS update last night.  Done restart and everything. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Mine worked fine with no issues last night, but my partner has also had this issue with her Ionic. The update installed fine but it refuses to calibrate after multiple tries on a flat level surface. Tried rebooting her Ionic too but this did not solve the issue. @MattFitbit any suggestions how to reslove this?

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer