Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

The following message was the best so far!  Hilarious!

Every day I get a little reminder at 20:00 exactly.

It reminds me to never ever ever ever buy a Fitbit product again.

Best Answer

Having the same problem after update. Keep me posted. I don't mind the daily message. Looking for an update or downgrade. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue related to the phone tha one has their Ionic Fitbit tied to? I am getting the annoying  message and like others have stated, the calibration can’t be performed. I am tied to my iPhone OS. My boyfriend also purchased the Ionic Fitbit and he has no issues. He is tied to an Android OS. Both Fitbits are running the same version firmware and OS. 

Thank you to your engineers for looking into this issue. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue related to the phone tha one has their Ionic Fitbit tied to? I am getting the annoying  message and like others have stated, the calibration can’t be performed. I am tied to my iPhone OS. My boyfriend also purchased the Ionic Fitbit and he has no issues. He is tied to an Android OS. Both Fitbits are running the same version firmware and OS. 

Thank you to your engineers for looking into this issue. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has nothing to do with your phone.
What's simple is true.
The watch is malfunctioning and unable to properly calibrate.
Best Answer
Why aren’t all watches experiencing the issue?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Only some of them are broken.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If that’s true, then isn’t it a hardware issue vs a software/firmware issue? How will it be resolved without replacing parts or the whole watch itself?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
It seems to me that something is physically not right with the ones not
calibrating. The software update installation had no hiccups on my end.
Just a daily vibrating alert to calibrate. Followed by a failure to
calibrate. Every day. Rinse and repeat.

I've got money on it that FitBit will continue to say that there's nothing
wrong and carry on (just ignore it, right?!). Perhaps they'll disable the
message but make no mistake, your watch is NOT calibrated properly.
Best Answer

So are we saying that the best solution is to take the watch back to the store and have it exchanged for a new one, spend the hour or so setting up the new watch, and repeat until you find one that successfully calibrates?

I think I may still be able to return mine, but not for much longer...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got from Fitbit crew this message:

«We received reports of calibration error message user's receiving on their watch after updating OS. We are aware, but this shouldn't interfere with the functionality of your device. We suggest to temporarily dismiss the message by tapping "Later". Additionally, please try an alternative power source on charging your watch then follow a restart: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal soon.»

Im curious.
It shouldnt interfere???
I went 20 steps all day yesterday.
I have been pronunced dead since update. Heart rate: - -

And recharge by alternate powersource???
What do they mean by that?
That i should but my charger in a computer instead of the power from my wall?
Or that i leave it out in the sun and expect it to power it self by solar energy?
Other suggestions?

So to me it does interfere whit the other functions.

What u guys make out of this reply from them?
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you re in the UK have a look at the which site and the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I believe it can be argued that FitBit are the retailer for the upgrade and yo have 30 days to refuse/return it or a refund.

if not then there is 6 months from purchase from the retailer as this has a fault.

(or the guarantee itself?)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure really. I returned mine. A month of getting that message
everyday was absolutely infuriating. I still can't believe that Fitbit
found that to be an acceptable response.

I hate to think that it's a hardware issue but either way I had enough with
that. Maybe consider returning it while you can.
Best Answer

Hello everyone and Welcome to the new users! 

I appreciate the time you've taken to sharing your experiencing with this, unfortunately we still don't have an update regarding the calibration message since this will be fixed with a future firmware update. Your patience is greatly appreciated and the feedback you've shared always help us to improve. 

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have got to be flipping kidding me. After 6 weeks that s your response? and ending with see you around, not if I can help it.

Best Answer

This is totally unacceptable customer service after 6 weeks!  If the proposed fix the enigineers have supposedly been working on will be rolled out with the next firmware update, the least you could do is provide an estimated date of the next firmware update? 

Is it likely to be 1 week/month/year?!?  

Cusumers have the right to know and make a decision if they are prepared to wait or if they wish to return their watches!  

Previous promises of certain updates to the Charge HR 2 were promised for nearly a year, only then for people to be told the updates wouldn’t be happening at all!  This is not good customer service all or good for FitBits reputation!

Best Answer

Hi all. Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our team works to resolve this calibration issue. 

I know that it is likely annoying to see this calibration message recurring (for some of you on a daily basis) but I can assure that your voices have been heard and that resolving this issue is a top priority of ours. 

As mentioned, our team is working to have this issue resolved in a future release and I will be sure to provide you all with more information as it becomes available. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for working on it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Fitbit has been returned, and a refund is being processed. Goodbye FitBit, a lousy product, but appalling and horrendous customer service. Never again. Good luck with your future releases; you'll need it. I recommend everyone on this thread keep the pressure on for a refund because it does happen and tell your friends about your experience. 

Best Answer
another "non-update" update.
Best Answer