Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

Each and every one of you with this calibration problem should contact the Fitbit support team. At least you make them aware of this issue!

Best Answer

@Omerta Yeah I already did this when got up this morning. It’s nice to post on the Fitbit community though because then you can see if others are having the same issues and that it’s not just one device that’s playing up. Fitbit do also help customers via the forums as well, and sometimes it can be quicker to get a solution this way than waiting for an email etc.

Ionic, Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired)
Best Answer

Also, for anyone that’s worried about accuracy for exercise like I was, I went for a run this morning and my stats appear to be the same as before the update. Hopefully this means that not being able to calibrate straight away won’t cause as many issues as initially expected.

Ionic, Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired)
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with calibration.

Best Answer

Same issue too

Best Answer

Add me to the list done everything except the factory reset but I see that isn’t working. 

Best Answer

Good morning all,

I just got the notification to plug in my watch to calibrate the sensors but I'm at work.  Is there any way to start the sensor calibration later?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently I have got a pop up notification on my ionic to calibrate my sensor. I do what the watch instruct by putting charging cable and don't block the sensor. I just lay it unblock on the table. However, the calibration process fails every time. I don't know what went wrong. Anybody has any clue? Why? I do everything as instructed but fail. 

This calibration message also keep popping up every day at 8:00PM same time. Can anyone help how I can calibrate the watch successfully? or is it neccessary to calibrate it? 

Thanks 

Best Answer

Same question, I dismissed the calibration message after upgrading the OS this morning; but I think the process goes on after turning off the Ionic then plugging it with the cable:

It will boot with the Fitbit logo.

With OS 2 a new charge screen pops up afterwards, and it looks like the calibration is processed... Correct me if I'm wrong!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have got the message to calibrate the watch after I update the latest firmware. However, I can't successfully calibrate the watch. Have you successfully calibrated yours? It should be simple however, it fails. Don't know what error 😞

Best Answer

@ebonyk93 , I already addressed this problem on the Facebook group too. There are a lot of developers there that might find a solution or contact themselves someone from Fitbit, that can actually can help, not just the "ordinary" support staff, that have the solutions I already suggested.

Hope this problem will be solved soon! This is the Facebook group I was talking about...

Screenshot_20180320-142431_Facebook.jpg

Best Answer

I have the same problem!! 

Best Answer

Same here. Calibration not working after update. Steps not updating to Challenges. 

Best Answer

Hi all! 

Thanks for taking the time to report this calibration issue. I appreciate you all taking the time to let us know what you are experiencing. 

I have gone ahead and forwarded your reports to our team and we are currently investigating this. 

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Same problem. It keeps telling me to make sure the sensors are not blocked. As far as I can tell, they are not, but it fails every time. 

Best Answer

I'm also having this issue.

Best Answer

Getting the same on my ionic after the OS update, keep getting prompted for calibration.

Best Answer

I’m having this problem as well. Started last night and I got another reminder tonight at 8 PM.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same issue.  I noticed it started after I upgraded to FitBit OS 2, and I wonder if it is a glitch with the software update?

Best Answer

Very much hoping for a prompt fix. I just got my evening notification to calibrate my watch. Woohoo!!! I've begun to look forward to this moment every evening. Reminds me of the real old days when one might have to wind their wristwatch every day. Joy!

Best Answer