Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

I am having this same issue could you alao foward my details, or advise who to contact please 

Best Answer

I dit a factory reset about 4-5 months ago but having the same issue right now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I’ve had the same update and have been prompted to calibrate the sensors but every time I do do it it tells me that there is a calibration error and make sure the sensors are clear and not covered?? 

I’ve cleaned them lightly with micro fibre cloth and still doesn’t calibrate? Any ideas 

thanks 

Best Answer

Yep. Happening to me too. Every night at 8pm, up pops the message. Every time I try to do the calibration, I get the big Red Cross :cross_mark: telling me it’s failed. And like others, I’m wondering how long Fitbit will take to resolve the issue. I expect that for every one of us that comments on the forum, there are hundreds that don’t. 

Come on Fitbit - get it sorted. 

Best Answer

I’m new to the ionic, only got it 2 weeks ago, I’ve updated it and now it won’t calibrate.

hope it gets fixed soon 

Best Answer

@MattFitbit just to.update you  my partner has received a further prompt this evening requesting her to re-calibrate which has subsequently failed like the previous attempts did.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit just to.update you  my partner has received a further prompt this evening requesting her to re-calibrate which has subsequently failed like the previous attempts did20180321_213202.jpg

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer

Add me to this post.

Bought Ionic second hand (previous owner only owned it for less than a month)

Did one factory reset before I'm start using it last month.

Update to OS2 and getting the same issue quick calibration not working.

So far tried to reboot the device but calibration still no success.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I have not done a factory reset. I just did the update through the app on Monday. Now I keep getting a notice to calibrate every night and I get a red x failed message no matter how many times I try. Doing it right now as we speak. I hope this doesn’t start to affect performance. 

Best Answer

My wifes updated but she cannot syn her earphones to her device as it was working fine before the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
FitBit Ionic, literally the only fitness tracker that asks you to take it off, set it and forget it, daily.
Best Answer

Trying to calibrate my Ionic and it keeps saying error. The sensors are not blocked at all. It fails every time. image.jpg

Best Answer

Hey I keep receiving a message telling me to plug in and calibrate my Ionic. Whenever I do so I receive a error code telling me to make sure the sensors are not cover. The censors are not covered and it is plugged in so what is the issue?  

Best Answer

I did the factory reset and also removed the app from my iPhone and reinstalled it. I then updated my Ionic and set up everything in the app. 

I still get the request to calibrate and the Ionic won't complete the calibration as described by others. 

I think Fitbit has a bug in its software. I hope that helps. 

Best Answer

I keep getting the same thing.  Very annoying.  NO idea how to fix it.

Best Answer

You should Contact Fitbit Support. Here: http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list too. I just did the update, and it completed successfully on the watch, and my phone got the notification that the update completed.  The fitbit app, however, is stuck at about 98% showing on the progress bar.  Sigh.  

I got the calibration request, tried it, it failed.  Sigh.

Best Answer

You should Contact Fitbit Support. Here is the link to Fitbit Support's Live chat etc.: http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer

I've stopped trying to calibrate, hoping for a fix from Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No reset.. haven't had any problems with Ionic until this update.

Best Answer
0 Votes