Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

According to @MarreFitbit in this thread you will need to hit restart with the Ionic plugged in and charging. 

@oldfarts I would post your unrelated sues Robbin a new thread, or in an existing thread on pairing an headphone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit  getting a little bit annoyed now. Since the update the only way I can get my ionic to sync with my iphone is to restart it, it then sync's immediately no problem. This is then followed by the Calibration message which I am now choosing to ignore, press 'later' on.  I've now also noticed I am no longer getting notifications or reminders to move even though these are set to on.  It's also started to wrongly auto-recognise some exercises.  I was on a rowing machine at the gym this morning for 20 mins, normally my ionic doesn't even recognise this as activity, today it auto-recognised it for 17 mins as Elliptical. 

Before this update, I was loving my ionic, now it seems like one thing after another is going wrong with it.  What is happening to sort out the bugs in this update?

Best Answer

I have done a factory reset about a month or so ago. This was becaue of an issue with a third party clock face. 

Best Answer

You can add me to the list; problem started after the update...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with support, and this is what they tell me: 

Juan: I was able to verify in the system that one of our specialized teams is aware of this situation.

Me: Ok great!

Juan: Rest assured, the team is currently working on a resolution for this situation, and once they have found a fix for it, it will be released with the corresponding app update.

So, while we're stuck with this problem for now, it appears that Fitbit is working on a fix. 

Best Answer

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 🤓

Best Answer
0 Votes

I chatted with support a few minutes ago and this is what they tell me:

Juan: I was able to verify in the system that one of our specialized teams is aware of this situation.

Me: Ok great!

Juan: Rest assured, the team is currently working on a resolution for this situation, and once they have found a fix for it, it will be released with the corresponding app update.

So - it would appear that a fix is actively being worked.  Here's hoping they fix it and push it out soon 🙂

Best Answer
Ah, I see.

Oh well here we go!

Thank you for response
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for getting back to me in regard to the factory reset question I posted above. Your reports have been forwarded to our team and they are currently investigating what might be causing this calibration loop. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. We are hoping to have this issue resolved in a future release and I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi after the latest update the watch sends a message every day to calibrate and then sends an error message can any one help

Best Answer

I am having the same calibration issues and the error message.  This ionic is becoming more and more frustrating and we still have zero answers for a fix!

Best Answer

Hopefully a fix will be available really soon as it is becoming really frustrating to be seeing this message several times a day knowing there's nothing u can do about it.

FYI I tried shutting it down and even factory reset then pairing again with phone's Fitbit app.  Nothing worked.  The message keeps popping up every now and then.

Best Answer

@MattFitbitwrote:

Hi everyone!

Thanks for getting back to me in regard to the factory reset question I posted above. Your reports have been forwarded to our team and they are currently investigating what might be causing this calibration loop. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. We are hoping to have this issue resolved in a future release and I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! 

Hopefully a fix will be available really soon as it is becoming really frustrating to be seeing this message several times a day knowing there's nothing u can do about it.

FYI I tried shutting it down and even factory reset then pairing again with phone's Fitbit app.  Nothing worked.  The message keeps popping up every now and then.

Best Answer

@MattFitbitwrote:

Hi everyone!

Hahahahaha this sums up ionic total waste of my time and money.

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer

Just ignore it? It’s blooy annoying!! And I’m not convinced it is actually counting steps whilst the message is displayed. I haven’t reset my ionic, I’ve never had a problem with it at all until this firmware update. 😡

Best Answer

My Ionic has been nagging me to calibrate for over a week but it's never a convenient time. I'd like to manually force a calibration when I'm at home with access to the charger. Does anyone know how to do this? I assume it's possible somehow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue since the update. Has anyone been in touch with Fibit regarding this?

Best Answer

Is everyone's software on their phone up to date?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I’ve had to do a factory reset several times before the update because of charging issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the firmware update and shortly after I was laying in bed and got prompted to calibrate my ionic. I said no and now I can't figure out how to get it to calibrate. I feel like it's been quite off of steps since I got it but it's never prompted me for a calibration before. I read forums to plug it in. Lay in flat, clear the sensors off, nothing is working. How do I get it to calibrate? Feeling like this ionic is not the greatest purchase I've ever made 

Best Answer