Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

I am also having a calibration issue.  I can't seem to get it to work. 

Best Answer

This has been going on for a long time now, Fitbit.  No solutions yet??

Best Answer

When is Fitbit coming out with an update to fix this calibration issue all are having??

Best Answer

Me too. I started a ticket with Fitbit support, and was initially told it was being escalated upwards and they were "looking for a solution". A couple of days later the ticket was closed with no further contact and I was asked for feedback on my experience. It wasn't positive. Not that Fitbit care. I'm sure they don't even read the feedback forms. It's quite clear that they don't care in the slightest about their customers, once they have your money.

Best Answer

I have the same problem 😢

Best Answer

Everyone needs to calm down I was part of the 10 percent first people to get the fitbit os 2 update and since then the recalibration issue has been prevalent .. Fitbit is aware and will identify the problem and it'll take a couple weeks probably for an update or they could put it a half **ahem** now and potentially create a million other issues where complaining about getting the calibration message would look like peanuts... Keep working out and getting your zzzzs until they push out the update to fix the issue

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem

Best Answer

no factory restarts before doing the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Matt 

Is it still wait and see on that calibration? Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t another thread by a moderator that addressed the problem. And out of curiosity, what is the calibration for specifically and what effect if any does it  have on recording steps/workouts etc? 

Best Answer

Same problem.  Been through fitbit support 4 times.  No fix.  This thing is about to hit the trash bin.

Best Answer

I was having the same issue with not being able to calibrate for a few weeks after updating to the new OS. It worked for me after shutting down and rebooting the Ionic. Good luck.

Best Answer

Deleted by poster. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleted by poster

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes you did - take it back while you still can.
Best Answer

You dont want to put it on because it vibrates once a day telling you to calibrate? that is amazingly special snowflake stuff right there...

also, if you actually took the time to read rather than crying in your cot, all you have to do is connect the supplied charger, not a 3rd party one, at ANY point in time for 30 seconds and leave the watch still and you will not see the message again....

the instructions are here in the forum, and all over google search.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm lucky I saw this thread before I updated.

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue even though I've performed several factory resets. The problem did not arise until after I downloaded the latest update. 

FitBit?   HELLLLOOOOO!?? 

Best Answer
Uhhh.. I know how to follow instructions.. The problem is that the
instructions don't work and I keep getting nagged about it everyday.
Best Answer

I wish mine would work after new OS and reboot. Mine now just goes blank for hours and during that time it's not logging anything, but I guess I should be happy it comes back on! I'm kind of thinking of going back to my Alta. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if you are taking a poll but add me to the list. It is becoming annoying now when I try to read my watch and have to swipe the notice away. I have tried to recalibrate everyday since the update and it isn’t working. 

Ionic, Surge (Retired)
Best Answer