Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

Still no fix, and no update about a fix. Unbelievable after paying $300 for this product just 3 months ago. Not only am I getting the calibration message, the calibration is WAY off. Same amount of time on a treadmill at the same speed now gives me a reduction in distance of about 1/4. 

The response to this issue makes me regret ever buying this watch. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, 3 times reset meaning once for each $100 spent on the junk, right?

Best Answer
So here is what I found from another satisfied customer...Ionic Factory Reset
Delete the bluetooth pairing.
Press and hold all buttons on the device.
Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that and setup the device again.

Warning I haven’t tried this yet. Another satisfied customer wrote that Fitbit was aware of the issue and was working on a fix but why they haven’t posted something to at least acknowledge they are aware of the issue is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting really really annoying. I've been interrupted every evening by a vibration around my wrist when I'm having dinner to calibrate this thing. Every single day since the update. It's so obnoxious and it doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to fix. What the heck is going on? I was hoping this would be resolved by now but it did it again tonight. It seems like Fitbit wants us all to ignore this annoying thing that pokes us every evening to let us know that there's something not right with the 300 dollar watch we all foolishly bought.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

If the iWatch was pestering people to calibrate every single day it would absolutely have gotten fixed by now. Evidently Fitbit's standard of quality is not at all what I had expected.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

Wish Fitbit would get off their asses and fix this stupid calibration problem! It’s been a couple weeks now that it tells me to  calibrate and it doesn’t work. 5 or 6 times a day calibration needed is a bit much. Get it together Fitbit before I give up and get an Apple Watch.. 

Best Answer

Seriously!

I'm so annoyed with this. Everytime I get a vibration to calibrate this thing I get more and more pissed off. I went from FitBit fanboy to absolutely infuriated. At first I was telling everyone who asked how much I loved my Ionic. Now I can only tell them how annoyed I am with this thing and maybe should have bought an android watch.

Dear Fitbit,
Your products are tied around people's wrists. You've got to get it right the first time. And if you F it up, fix it. Quick.

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer

Hello @CamperRon - where did you find this info?  Also let us know if you have tried it and it works for you !  Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry Folks. After spending and hour deleting this from my phone and, doing as instructed and then setting up the watch as if it was new...did not work.
First message that came up was the recalibration needed. Aggggggghhhh!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Chatted with customer support. Wagner was very hard to deal with. Refused to answer my questions until I made him re-write my questions and answer them one at a time.  Fitbit needs a change management process and someone to help them with validations. I’m seriously considering a different brand.  Two weeks is ridiculous to wait for a fix. They should have at a minimum let you roll the update back.  

Best Answer
Thank you for the update and agree with you.
I’m getting my receipt and returning it under warranty. Maybe if Fitbit has to return enough of these they’ll get serious. My tracker is showing 3/4 of a mile to 1.5 miles off from what both my iPhone and HR2 are showing. (BTW- HR2 and iPhone corroborate each other down to the number of steps). Ridiculous for a $300 watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just did the update over the phone with customer service.  It went through without a problem once she talked me through it. Now I'm getting this calibration error like all of you.  What a pain in my **ahem**. 

Best Answer
Yep, it’s a software glitch. OMG!! I’ve been spending way too much time with my IT People!!!! Thank you for the confirmation it’s them and not us!
To all of you, just keep doing it!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same problem, errors when trying to calibrate, please fix.

Best Answer

Any solutions? How long you ganna keep tgousands of customers waiting? We receive this notification daily amd it is annoying. 

Best Answer
I believe you are under the impression that I am a representative of Fitbit. I am a user like yourself and you are replying to a post I made on this blog.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, factory resetting may not work as it’ll update to the new firmware and be back at square one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matt, thanks for reaching out to us.

I am getting the error and did not perform a factory reset. I purchased the Ionic, connecfed it to the app on my phone, and it took 30+ minutes to download and install the latest firmware. After that, it prompted me to calibrate and I haven't been able to calibrate successfully.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. 

As I mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. 

Thanks to every one of you who spent the time to report this issue Your descriptions have been very helpful for our team as they continue to work to have this issue resolved.

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s more than just a calibration message. If you read the complaints you’ll see the steps are off. So is my heart rate.  I’m struggling to understand how this was not caught in beta testing and if it was WhT was this update released?  Since it’s been so long I have to believe it was a known issue that couldn’t be solved and it won’t be solved anytime soon or you would have just delayed the update release by a few weeks. Can you address my concerns I’ve mentioned?

Best Answer