Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433
Every time my watch vibes I get kinda excited to see who is contacting me
but sadly it's just calibration calling to say hello. Ignoring it is easier
said than done. This should be fixed by now.
Best Answer

I had apple watch all versions and was moved over to Fitbit 6 months back. Though it has much limitation (vs Apple), I like it but looking at the Fitbit management/IT response/poor allocation to resources tells me that it is only profit driven company which doesn't mind killing its golden goose.  Come on guys, Why can't you simply create a new update and download the previous version where there was no need of recaliberation!  Would you like to go to toilet and EVERYTIME you have to open the tank and flush it with hand?  This is totally ridiculous that you created an update and not able to either revert or fix this issue for such a long time!  Seems some totally IT special needs staff there!

Best Answer

I had apple watch all versions and was moved over to Fitbit 6 months back. Though it has much limitation (vs Apple), I like it but looking at the Fitbit management/IT response/poor allocation to resources tells me that it is only profit driven company which doesn't mind killing its golden goose.  Come on guys, Why can't you simply create a new update and download the previous version where there was no need of recaliberation!  Would you like to go to toilet and EVERYTIME you have to open the tank and flush it with hand?  This is totally ridiculous that you created an update and not able to either revert or fix this issue for such a long time!  Seems some totally IT special needs staff there!

Best Answer

I sincerely hope of prompt solution.  Please feel free to email them at your comfort level. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

As I said before I can’t believe this wasn’t a known issue. I only hope the delay is due to extensive testing of the fix.  I just don’t understand the release of an update with a serious issue like this. How do you not know this issue exists when SO many people have it?  I’m beginning to wonder (as minds will when there isn’t communication) if this only effects ionics made during a certain time frame.  Perhaps a hardware change due to part availability? Different vendor due to failures of a certain chip? If so we should have ours replaced.  I’m about ready to start a “Fitbit ionic negative review” campaign on any website I can to inform others about this so they don’t suffer this issue too. 

Best Answer
Couldn''t agree more. I left messages everywhere!
Hope they will solve this. Very poor show!

This email transmission is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, 18 U.S.C. sec. 2510-2521 and is legally privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.
Best Answer

When will this be fixed. I got this calibration message on daily basis. 

It is the top of the range of your product line but poorly engineered I m afrad

Best Answer

I think they tried to do a beta firmware for versa but their sensors may be subpar or not compatible.  I am encouraging everyone to reach administration. It is totally absurd

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks everyone for echoing. Hope fitbit can apply a fix for good and quick. 

Best Answer

What is going on with this issue? Seems to be nothing, no updates on a solution or when this will be resolved. Is FitBit just burying their head in the sand and hoping it will go away? Poor showing, and poor customer service. I feel like I have just paid a premium price for a lemon of a product. WTF?

Best Answer

Yes... this is so annoying. 

Best Answer

So Fitbit had another update yesterday and I thought they would have fixed the calibration problem by now since it’s been going on for well over a month, but no such luck. Still won’t calibrate. I’m getting an Apple Watch and returning my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as everyone else, which started after doing the recent update. 

Best Answer

Any update yet. This a seriously frustrating as since this update my ionic isn’t registering steps or heart rate at all. Can’t we just revert to the older version of the software until this is fixed

Best Answer

I have not every performed a factor reset on this. 

I understand that rollouts for updates sometimes have kinks. I will patiently await the software patch for this. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, no word yet. I agree. I tried a factory reset with no luck. Got an
error message that it could not complete the reset. Waiting for the
solution to this.
Best Answer

Not completed factory reset ever

Best Answer
0 Votes
I received a message yesterday from Fitbit acknowledging the issue and advising they are working on a new update to correct the problem.
Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes