Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic clock display keeps flashing on and off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning my ionic has started flashing the clock display on and off and won't sync to my phone. The display is on for 2 seconds then off for 2 seconds and keeps doing that until I press a button. If I track a workout or go into any of the menus it's fine; it's just the clock display that flashes. I've tried restarting it many times but it's not making a difference. As I've typed this out it's just restarted itself. Very frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I changed my clock face and that fixed the problem. Something in the new update made clock face flip out.

@sazcassidy wrote:

This morning my ionic has started flashing the clock display on and off and won't sync to my phone. The display is on for 2 seconds then off for 2 seconds and keeps doing that until I press a button. If I track a workout or go into any of the menus it's fine; it's just the clock display that flashes. I've tried restarting it many times but it's not making a difference. As I've typed this out it's just restarted itself. Very frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I've just done a factory reset using the option on the ionic (Settings -> About -> Factory Reset) and now I have a big red X and it says "Data not cleared Sync & try again" which is pretty frustrating because it wasn't syncing before I tried the reset. I then unpaired the ionic from the app on my phone to see if I could set it up again and now I can't repair it. When I select to set up the Ionic in the app it just goes back to the previous page like it's crashed. My watch is now completely useless!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unpair is not enough. You have to make sure that the Ionic is deleted ( removed ) from the App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done that. And also removed it from my bluetooth devices. The app won't let me set it up and the unable to clear data message is still shown on the Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Did you try to restart the Ionic ?  Press and hold the left and bottom right buttons together, until the fitbit icon appears, then release. If not successfull try even to press all 3 buttons together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I tried both of those options many times. I get the Fitbit logo when it comes back on and then it goes back to the X with the "Data not cleared Sync & try again" message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read in the forum somebody being successful after doing the Ionic reset,with the two buttons,for around 5 times. Also, switch off and on your phone completely could also help. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've reset the Ionic at least 10 times with the 2 buttons and the same with the 3 buttons. I've restarted my phone too. No luck 😞 I think it has to go back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got it to reset (kinda) after installing the latest update for the app. At the end of the reset, it said "Reset failed! Your data was not cleared. Please try again", but then it seemed ok. It hadn't cleared all my data as my notification preferences were still saved, but everything else had reset and apps I installed were gone. However, the original reason for doing the reset has returned and the clock display flashes on and off when I wake the screen. It's gotten worse and now shows 00:00:00 for the time and -- for all the stats until I go into a menu and return to the clock display. I think the latest firmware update has caused all of this because it was fine until then

Best Answer

Finally got it sorted. I changed the clock face to one that had comments from the developer about it being updated to work with the latest firmware update and now all my problems have gone. It screen has stopped flashing, stopped showing no time/no stats and the battery no longer drains in a single day. Finally!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know which clock face that was?  It's driving me insane and draining the battery so quickly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The one that was draining it is called Stargazer. Now I'm using 180 Degree Black and White by Paul Murray.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I was using as well.  I found that True Elegance works also - the battery is still draining much faster than normal, but it's at least lasting more than 6 hours!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my clock face and that fixed the problem. Something in the new update made clock face flip out.

@sazcassidy wrote:

Best Answer

Thanks for replying. I figured that out the day after I made that post thankfully. Meant to update my post...

Best Answer
0 Votes