Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic counts twice calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic Adidas all the sudden double the burned calories. I downloaded latest firmware and double checked my personal data. 

I reported this to fitbit support and they sent me a replacement watch (thanks a lot 😊).

The strange thing is that the new also shows exactly same (about 675kcal on 5km one hour walk). 

So it can't be the hardware?

Firmware 27.72.1.15

I'll gain weight if I relays on this!!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @prolm.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend reviewing this help article about how your calories burned are calculated and check our tips to improve accuracy in How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? 

I also recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force stop the app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks...
I'm not sure what you mean by "force stop the app". Do you mean log out
and reboot the phone before logging back in?

Krgds

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @prolm.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. You can force stop the Fitbit app by doing the following: on your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Force Stop.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my new Ionic replacement watch June 2021 with the latest firmware 27.72.1.15.

I'm still waiting for updates cause the new watch double the calories counted compared from earlier exercises. 

All settings double checked many times. 

Any hope soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes