Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic dead after swimming in the sea

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Guys,

I saw a lot of content about Ionic dead after you swim.

Actually i swim a lot of mine in the pool and didn't have any problem.

But last week i was swimming in the sea during my vacation of 7 days and my fit bit dead after 3-4 days.

Right now the home button is not working anymore.

On the screen is appearing only Fitbit icon and that's it and it's not charging anymore.

And before to happen this i install on the apps Revolut, after that my Ionic was showing me several times to introduce the password.

I just send today and email to the support regarding my problem and i also want to ask you if you have some advice for me?

Thank you:)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome @Thau, your reply is appreciated. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. I was informed by our Support team that they are already providing you assistance with this situation just as stated in your response. That being said, my best advice for you will be to get in touch with them again if you have any additional questions about the information that they provided in your case. 

I'll be around if you need anything else too. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Thau, welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate the information and details that were shared in your post, thanks for troubleshooting this situation prior to posting and for getting in touch with our Support team, seems odd that your Ionic is behaving in such way even more when it's swim proof up to 50 meters. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive?

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your feedback.

As i already write in the email in the same time i open one ticket on the support Fitbit and i also declare my problems.

I check and clean the charging cable and put it from one charging USB to another.

Regarding what you are asking me about the hart sensors they are not working at all.

Right now i let it a Little bit to charge and the ionic start to be verry warm and is showing on the screen battery with 0% (even after 10 minutes)

Also the home screen Button is locked making a big diference between the 2 Buttons from right side of the Ionic which are functioning well.

I wait your feedback about next steps.

Thank you,

Theodor

Best Answer

You're welcome @Thau, your reply is appreciated. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. I was informed by our Support team that they are already providing you assistance with this situation just as stated in your response. That being said, my best advice for you will be to get in touch with them again if you have any additional questions about the information that they provided in your case. 

I'll be around if you need anything else too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your support and feedback.

My problem was fixed as today i received a new IONIC + Charge Cable, as the old one it cannot be fixed.

Once again thank you for your support and your implication.

Have a good day.

Theodor

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @Thau, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I'm happy to know that you received your new Fitbit Ionic device. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be around.

I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate! There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes